TPG Community

Ask, answer and talk about our products

NBN - High Ping in Games - Server down somewhere?

Level 1a

Hi, I have 100mbps NBN FTTN and the past couple of weeks I've been getting really laggy games with high ping (60-100 when it should be 20-30). TPG speedtest is fine, speedtest.net is fine, however the one in Google search is also laggy and really slow downloads. I've attached some screenshots.

Now I've had a similar problem in the past, it seems there is a server down somewhere and my traffic is getting rerouted and lagged out. So I grabbed an IP from when I connected to CS GO and did a tracert and sure enough some of them timed out. I also attached a screenshot of that.

So as far as I know there isn't really anything I can do. Of course I've tried resetting my modem several times and it persists. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Hi @nottheonlychris,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We'd like to look into it further. We will arrange a call from our Tech team to check your service and understand what is going on with it.

Please shoot me a private message with your TPG username or CID number along with your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

Kind regards,

BasilDV