TPG Community

Get online support

NBN IP changing frequently

blacky74
Level 2

I was recently connected to TPG NBN.  I understand this comes with a dynamic IP that may change occasionally but I am finding it changes frequently - multiple times a day.  This is problematic for working with GCP and other cloud environments where my IP needs to be added to firewall rules to allow access.  It suggests my NBN connection is frequently being disconnected.  We are also seeing brief service interruptions outages during these times (no internet access).

How can I get this addressed?

Thank you,

blacky74

2 REPLIES 2
aero
Level 2

Same problem here. We got connected back in Feb 2020, but only started experiencing this problem about 4 weeks ago. It seems like the box is resetting and getting a new IP address much more frequently than before. Several times a day! And when it does, the connection goes down which is very annoying.

Any word on this?

Riezl

Hi aero, we'd like to look into this and help with the resolution. Please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community