NBN Installation

AndyMc
Level 2

We have moved from Perth to Melbourne and have moved into a new property in a suburb with NBN connection.  On 22nd January we paid TPG $300 installation plus one month advance service charge.  We were told that NBN technician would come on 9th Feb.  On the day of installation NBN technician called to see he would not be coming as it was raining.  In fact it was not raining...

A new date of 28th Feb was provided.  On the day of 28th Feb, NBN trechnician called and said he would not come as it is too hot!  

After spending several minutes complaining to TPG and NBN we were told technican would come on Saturday 2nd March.   On 2nd March the NBN technician turned up and said he could not do anything as he was not a civils contractor to connect from the street and another work order needs to be raised.  

And now TPG are telling me 2nd April - could be earlier or could be later.

This situation really (without broadband) is now becoming very stressful.  I have arrived in Melbourne without a job and am completely reliant on internet for job seeking.  We also have two students at university who are reliant on internet access.

We are having to manage with datapacks for our phones which is proving expensive.  I do not understand how TPG can sell me a product and fail to deliver.  Is there not a system where ageing is used to prioritise installations.  Can anyone help ?

10 REPLIES 10
Will

Hi @AndyMc

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I was able to pull up your account using your community details to find out the details of your installation. From what I found, your order is currently In Held by NBNCo. When the technician came on March 2, 2019 to perform the installation, they found out that the Lead-in Conduit outside of your premises needs to be repaired which will require civil works. This is from the underground tap in the street network going to your premises. This may involve digging or concrete cutting. The Planned Remediation Date given by NBNCo for this is until April 2, 2019. I know that the wait time is less than ideal and as much as we'd like to get your service up and running at this point, this is an infrastructure issue that NBNCo alone can fix.

Once the remediation works have been completed, there may be another appointment schedule for the actual installation of your NBN service.

A Provisioning Case Manager has been assigned to monitor the progress. They will let you know if there would be another appointment schedule once the remediation works have been completed.

Regards,

AndyMc
Level 2

Thank you for your note and your description of the case is consistent to explanations provided to us by TPG by phone.

But can I summarise the situation.  We have moved as tenants into a new build townhouse as the first occupants.  We were told by TPG that the property was "NBN ready" so bought a product from TPG on 22nd January.  Two and a half months later, after two technicians did not show up and many hours on the phone by us, a technician arrived on 2nd March to take one look at the property and say that he was not authorised to do the work and left.

And now TPG say estimated completion date (but not guaranteed) is 2 April which is 2.5months after we signed up.  In the meantime WE HAVE NO INTERNET.  An alternative has not been offered by TPG.

As I am out of work and my two children have started university it is causing considerable stress and anxiety (not withstanding costs of datapacks for phones). 

I am wondering how TPG can sell a product which was not ready for use and would not be for many weeks.

Appreciate you may have allocated a case officer to look at our situation but there seems to be a problem with accountability and communication.

AndyMc
Level 2

Also I would like the case to be escalated to level 3 please, as I have seen for similar cases.

Thanks

Will

Hi @AndyMc

Looking at the records, our Provisioning Team has actually raised a request for an earlier remediation date, however, NBNCo replied that they are not able to expedite the said request. The repair they need to perform requires putting a new Lead-in conduit that has a total length of 25 meters which will be placed underground.  Trenching will have to be done as well. Based on NBNCo's assessment, the Planned Remediation Date is still the earliest.

I can see that you've spoken to the Provisioning Case Manager yesterday on which you have informed us that the Remediation team already came and fixed the issue. Since the order is still pending, the Case Manager raised this to NBNCo for confirmation and for updating the order status. However, we don't have an update yet from NBNCo at this point. Based on the notes, the Case Manager has advised that she will contact you by 4PM about it.

Regards,

AndyMc
Level 2
Thank you for your note. I can confirm trenching was done on Wednesday so I do not understand why a technician can come and finish the work.
Given that we have been waiting since 22nd January, I would have thought this can be escalated.
Once again there seems to be a problem with communication and accountability. Thanks to escalate with TPG and NBN. Once again we have had no internet since 22 january.
Will

Hi @AndyMc

The reason why we are unable to book an appointment yet for the installation is because NBNCo still hasn't updated the order and it's still stuck on Held status. We already raised this to NBNCo on March 6 when you advised us that an NBN tech came. We already made a follow up as well, but we're still waiting for NBNCo to change the status of the order.

Once the status of the order has been changed, the system will then allow us to schedule an installation appointment.

Regards,

Will

Hi @AndyMc

We can see that the order has progressed further. Our records show that you've spoken to a Provisioning Case Manager earlier and that you have agreed to the NBN technician appointment.

Should you have further questions, leave us a message.

Regards,

Charliexwc
Level 2

They keep doing this all the time. They 

Have no sense of delivery and customer service. 

Charliexwc
Level 2

@AndyMc wrote:

We have moved from Perth to Melbourne and have moved into a new property in a suburb with NBN connection.  On 22nd January we paid TPG $300 installation plus one month advance service charge.  We were told that NBN technician would come on 9th Feb.  On the day of installation NBN technician called to see he would not be coming as it was raining.  In fact it was not raining...

A new date of 28th Feb was provided.  On the day of 28th Feb, NBN trechnician called and said he would not come as it is too hot!  

After spending several minutes complaining to TPG and NBN we were told technican would come on Saturday 2nd March.   On 2nd March the NBN technician turned up and said he could not do anything as he was not a civils contractor to connect from the street and another work order needs to be raised.  

And now TPG are telling me 2nd April - could be earlier or could be later.

This situation really (without broadband) is now becoming very stressful.  I have arrived in Melbourne without a job and am completely reliant on internet for job seeking.  We also have two students at university who are reliant on internet access.

We are having to manage with datapacks for our phones which is proving expensive.  I do not understand how TPG can sell me a product and fail to deliver.  Is there not a system where ageing is used to prioritise installations.  Can anyone help ?