TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Plan price increase

mimijojo55
Level 2

I also got the email saying the price has increased, and like others I am looking at some other alternatives. Even the attempt to sweeten it by offering faster speeds has not worked, I have tried the link to opt-in on multiple different days and it has not worked once.

vabr1
Level 2
Hi there, I’m in the same boat. Been with TPG for number of years and this would be the second hike in recent past. Looking to make a switch to an alternate provider.
Gooner23
Level 2

I have the same issue as this user.

I'm trying to opt into the speed increase but get a Request denied response when submitting my option

gpang5
Level 2

I have also received an email for an increase of $5 pm to $79.99pm I have been with TPG for 20+ years and to continue to increase prices without adding any value is not customer centric at all.

I also asked to upgrade to fibre on the same basis as if I were a new customer given they are offered a bonus of $250. Existing customers are only offered $100 so I said it was like being discriminated against badly for simply being a loyal customer. I was politely told that the offer was what it is. Looks like I will be changing providers after all these years which I really don't want to do.

Ahra_G

Hi All, 

Having considered a range of factors, including recent changes to the wholesale costs we pay NBN for use of its network, we are now in a position where we need to change some of our pricing. 

Please send us a private message individually and we'd be glad to assist. 

-Ahra_G 

jonos
Level 2

Like many others, I received the notification too. I'm on the 50mbps plan, been a customer for 12 years. I reached out to TPG via chat to see if they could offer anything to entice me to stay and their line was "we will not provide a counter offer".

It's seeming like Exetel is the best option. On the 50mbps tier it's $60.99 for the first six months then $78.99 thereafter - still cheaper than what TPG is offering post-increase.
https://www.exetel.com.au/broadband/nbn#plans

Very disappointed to say the least, I thought they would at least be willing to engage in some form of negotiation.

Silversurf
Level 2

Comparison table from NBN retailers, TPG from one of the best value to one of the worst value with a 50Mbps now priced at $80 from 20/03/2024.

TPG should realy reconsider their pricing structure to their exhisting cutomers and revised the pricing plans to avoid an exodus of customers.

-

plans.png

MichaelDV
Level 2

I also received the email with notice of price increase for the 25mb download plan.

Second increase in a short period of time and makes the offer for such an entry level plan very expensive. $75 for 25mb to which we get 20/21mb trottled down to 10mb on our premises isn't a deal anymore.

We also have experienced ongoing outage in the last year that makes this increase even worst, our premise is not the issue as technicians have already been on site several times.

We'll terminate our plan and change to a provider more alligned with customer centric value and less coorporate growth profit first.

Aubrey

Hi @MichaelDV, we're keen to take a closer look at your connection and make sure you're getting the most out of your service. Please send us a private message with your details and we'll look into this.