TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Speeds nowhere near advertised

DSands
Level 2

Hi there,

A few days ago we upgraded our service to the NBN (FTTC). We recieved an email from TPG informing us that our NBN service is now active, however our internet speeds are floating between 6-8mbps (both during peak and offpeak hours). This is somehow slower than it was before upgrading. Is there something we are missing? I can provide details for our account in a private message.

Kind regards,

David 

4 REPLIES 4
KarlB

Hi @DSands 

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your Full Name, CID (customer identication number) and your mobile phone number, so I can take a look at your service?

Regards,

Karl

KarlB

Hi @DSands

I have checked your service, and it is showing a stable connection with a good connection speed.

You might find since you are on the NBN12 that your speed may now be lower than your ADSL plan. Checking the distance of the line for your old ADSL service, I would have expected your speed to have been around 16-17Meg range. Do you recall what speeds you got on your adsl service?

If you are finding your speeds are lower than you need, you might want to look at upgrading to 1 of our faster plans. I have included a link below with details how to change your plan.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/How-to-Change-NBN-Plan-Online-via-TPG-My-Account/...

I’m also seeing high uploads at the moment that might be affecting your speedtest results. I recommend you close the app or program that is uploading and re-run your tests. 

Regards,

Karl

DSands
Level 2

Hi KarlB,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. It appears there was a miscommunication when we signed up for our plan, and we would like to upgrade our account to the NBN 100 Plan. Is this something you would be able to assist us with? I followed the prompts via My Account but at the end of the process it said an unexpected error has occured. 

Kind regards,

David

KarlB

Hi @DSands 

I'll arrange someone from our Plan Change team to give you a call later on today.

Depending on what your using the connection for, but most people find the NBN50 plan fast enough. The NBN50 plan would be a huge upgrade from the NBN12 plan. It is your call, but I would recommend starting with the NBN50 plan and then you can always upgrade to the NBN100 plan if that isn't fast enough.

Regards,

Karl