TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Upload Speed Cut From 40 to 20

mikeyg74
Level 3

I had a callback from TPG today...

There's no going back to 100/40 by the looks

From what i can gether this has been pushed by NBN Co so all the ISP's have been forced to follow.

Aussie Broadband still offer a 100/40 plan for $99 a month, but I wonder how long this will last for...

sydjohn
Level 2

Yes, I have the same problem.

I just called them and spoke to the technical support and he said my plan has changed to 100/20 according to NBN changes. However, I have contract with them on 100/40 so they should not do that. Techsupp transferred me to customer support. Customer support told me the same thing but I told them they could not do that as my contract is for 100/40, and my contract is still in effect for another 7 months. Cut it short, the customer support fixed the issue after I spent for more than 1 hour with them.

It is funny that I just logged back into my account and there is no data of all about my plan, or my invoices etc. Perhaps they just updated their systems and lost all the customer billing data??? Just FYI.

sydjohn
Level 2

Just an update.

The technical support guy called me back and said I should be on 100/40. It was a mistake. People who joined TPG from May 2020 would have 100/20 instead of 100/40. I was on the plan 100/40 when I joined with TPG 12 months ago.

By the way, my data displays in my account when I login now. it seems they had restored the service.

markwhitbread
Level 2

Noticed this the other week as well that my upload speed had been halved.  I originally email TPG support about it and they said that my speed was within the acceptable range of 20mbps.  I advised that my speed was originally around 40 and they responded with you never had that...  I checked my plan and it had been changed from Superfast to 100 Broadband SL bundle.  I called just now and they said they will change it back to superfast within 24hrs.  No explination of why it was changed, see if the speed changes back.

mikeyg74
Level 3
After numerous phone calls I wasn't able to get my speed back despite some of their reps telling me I could get it back.
So now I'm stuck on 110/20. Seems they're increasing the downloads as a way of compensation but I would rather have 100/40.