TPG Community

Get online support

NBN connection now not working

NBNuser
Level 2
I’ve had my NBN internet installed about a week ago with TPG after changing from a poor service provider. No issues now suddenly I can’t access a connection whatsoever. I’ve reset the Modem with no success. Please help rectify ASAP.
4 REPLIES 4
Will

Hi @NBNuser

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear about the disruption of your service. It seems that you've already spoken to our Technical Team earlier and at that time your connection was already up and running. However, your connection is down at the moment. Our tests show that your NBN box is offline. Can I confirm if you are purposely turning the devices off (NBN box and modem) when you're not using the internet?

Regards,

NBNuser
Level 2
The technical team was still unable to provide an answer as to why this happened (and will no doubt happen again) considering there was no outage in my area and that I have a new NBN box and Modem. Unlike my previous provider which would only slow down or stop for a few minutes at most at select times this was for most of the night and there is no tech support after 9:00pm. I turn it off when not in use to save power.
Also, I am paying for 55 Mbps plan and in the evenings I am getting less than 25! Why is this occurring?
NBNuser
Level 2
Correction NBN 50 Plan
BasilDV

Hi @NBNuser,

Is the slow speed issue occurring on a specific time? Have you tested the speed via a WiFi or a Wired connection?

We've created an article which will guide you on how to troubleshoot a slow speed issue. You may refer to this link.

If you are using a WiFi connection, you may also check this link which will guide you on how to improve your home network.

Kind regards,

BasilDV