TPG Community

Get online support

NBN internet connection keeps cutting out

benmhanlon
Level 2

Hi,

I'm a longtime TPG customer and I'm having issues with my NBN connection. It cuts out 10+ times a day, most often just on the regular modem requiring it to be turned off and on again but also on the NBN modem as well requiring it to be turned off at the power point, off and on again. With both my wife and I working from home we recently upped our plan to a higher speed but the constant cut outs are making it near impossible. We are very disappointed with our service, particularly as we are now paying more. We need to know whether it is an issue with our NBN connection, the modem or both. If we need a new modem we would like to have it replaced as it is the modem supplied with our recent NBN connection or at the very least advice on which one to purchase. I have tried calling several times over the last week and on my most recent call today have yet again been on hold with your phone service for over an hour and a half already (see photo)! It is also difficult and expensive to send this chat to you as I am having to tether to my phone data due to the cutouts. I understand there is a lot going on with the current crisis but I am so disappointed in both the customer service and the internet service we are being provided, after almost a decade as a loyal customer it's really not good enough!

cordially,

Ben

3 REPLIES 3
David_M

Hi @benmhanlon 

Thanks for your query!

Let me have a look for you, and I will get back to you ASAP.

There is also a new ''TPG Mobile APP'' to help you with various trouble shooting and account issues, via a mobile phone app.
https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Regards,
David_M

benmhanlon
Level 2

Thanks David,

I have checked for NBN outages at our property today and found none but as this has been an ongoing issue it would be great if you could check the last few weeks. 
regards

ben

David_M

Hi @benmhanlon 

I have checked your NBN-HFC 50/20 service on our portals.

I have raised a fault ticket for one of engineers to look further in to, and they should call you back within 24-48hrs.

I have PMed you your fault reference number.

regards,

David_M