TPG Community

Get online support

NBN internet keeps disconnecting for few seconds every while

fender01
Level 2

My internet keeps cutting out every 30 minutes or 1 hour depending on my luck. Was enjoying some video gaming with league of legends but the disconnections were very vital to my enjoyment as it would cut out during the wrong moments. This is making me anxious and after experiencing for a couple of weeks, my paitience have ran out and my family members have also caught on the problem. 

1 REPLY 1
Riezl

Hi @fender01,

For customers experiencing any issues with their NBN service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage on the NBN network.

We have created this article that can guide you: How to Check for NBN Network Outage

In your case, the synchronization is stable, which is an indication that there's no line fault affecting the performance of the service.

Further investigation may be required to identify what is really dropping out as it could be the Wireless connection, if you're connecting all your devices via Wi-Fi.

Wireless dropout can be eliminated by using a wired connection. If the connection will not drop on a wired device, it is likely a wireless drop outs issue and we recommend having a read of this community article which may help improve the wireless connectivity performance : Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

There are also cases that the actual speed is no longer enough to accommodate the devices and its online activities and it may look like the connection is dropping out.

Please note that the actual speeds for the service may be slower and vary due to many factors including type/source of content being downloaded, hardware and software configuration, the number of users and performance of interconnecting infrastructure not operated by TPG.

Devices connected by Wi-Fi may experience slower speeds than those connected by Ethernet cable.

Feel free to search community for help or contact us and we'd be glad to assist you.