TPG Community

Get online support

NBN keeps disconnecting

Shsmlee
Level 2
Hi, my TPG NBN keeps disconnecting from 7 pm today. Is anyone having the same issue? I’m in Carlton, Melbourne.
11 REPLIES 11
kuukisui
Level 2
Hi,
Having the same issues to for the last hour+.

Located in Victoria CBD on a wired connection.
geoffrey
Level 2

My IP address changed sometime during the day and then again in the last hour, without restarting the modem. I understand that a dynamic IP address is used but that address is usually leased for 24-48 hours? Not randomly multiple times per day?

Xupeng86
Level 2
Same issue here. My NBN connection gets multiple dropouts in the latest hours, and no any signs of recovering.
Ahra_G

Hi @Shsmlee, @Xupeng86

Welcome to TPG Community! 

We're sorry to learn that you were experiencing issues with the connection. There was a network outage in some parts of Victoria and we'd like to check if your services were part of it. 

Could you please send us your account details via private message so we can check the status of your service? 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

Hi @kuukisui,

We have seen your response on this link: https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/NBN-keeps-drop-out-every-few-minutes/m-p/26777#M1...

I believe that you've already confirmed that your service is already up and running. Should any additional assistance be needed, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again. 

Cheers! 

Ahra_G

Hi @geoffrey

Welcome to the Community! 

We appreciate you taking the time to post. 

NBN Services indeed has Dynamic IP address. The IP address should change whenever your equipment (modem, router) refreshes the connection or you have performed a reboot manually or scheduled. 

Question though, how did you notice that the IP address has changed without the equipment doing an auto-reboot? How long has this been happening? Has this affected the performance of your connection's stability? 

Please do send us with your account details via private message so we can pull up your account and run some tests. 

Thanks! 

geoffrey
Level 2

@Ahra_G wrote:

Question though, how did you notice that the IP address has changed without the equipment doing an auto-reboot? How long has this been happening? Has this affected the performance of your connection's stability? 

I have a device that gets connection errors. When this happens I check the IP address on the TPG supplied modem. It has had at least 3 IP addresses in the last 24 hours even though the modem has been on continuously. This happens daily since NBN was installed a couple of weeks ago.

geoffrey
Level 2

I did see this in the router logs:

2019-03-07 18:25:51 ERROR ppp3 LCP down

A new IP address is assigned shortly after.

Will

Hi @geoffrey

The router logs you posted shows that the modem lost the connection to our server for some reason which is why you were given a new IP address. Take note that since you're on Dynamic account, IP address changes once the connection gets refreshed. At the moment we can see that your connection is already stable for 15 hours.

For now, since the connection seems to be stable already, please observe the connection first. In the event that this still persists, a hard reset (using the reset button at the back of the modem) would be the next step. I would suggest though to take note of the IP addresses you're getting and check if the modem is getting rebooted.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,