TPG Community

Get online support

NBN outage - quick way to connect online?

Jam19
Level 2
hello everyone,
I would like to share a bad experience with TPG after an electricity outage that happened two days ago. After which no internet connection was possible. When calling TPG and after an hour on the phone waiting, I was suggested to buy a new modem without any verification.
I'm leaving overseas in two weeks so it didn't make sense for me to buy a expensive modem for two weeks but TPG couldn't care less as I'm leaving the country, even if I have been a costumer for 5 years. They refused to lend or provide even a used modem for 2 weeks.
I bought a modem, installed it and still the same issue. I recalled TPG support for again another hour on the phone to discover what? the issue wasn't the modem but NBN connection and they have escalated it to NBN to send a technician.
I've lost one day on the phone and money buying a new modem.
My work depends on internet.
Is there a way to connect online? a cheap quick way to have a connection on my laptop?
my phone is on TPG but the connection is very bad even if I live in Sydney. I can't rely on it.
Please, any suggestion is more than welcome .
thank you
6 REPLIES 6
Riezl

Hi @Jam19,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We have located the account using your community details.

We're sorry to know about this experience and we apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you.

We'll review your previous interaction with our staff as part of our ongoing effort to provide the best possible customer service and we'll deal with this matter internally.

We can see that an NBN technician has been booked for today, Thursday, 18 April 2019, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM to further investigate the issue and the case engineer will contact you as soon as the final report is received from NBN Co.

We'll monitor this case and will keep you posted for updates where possible.

Riezl

Hi @Jam19, we can see that the technician visit has been completed and the case engineer was able to confirm that the service is now working.

Our Engineering Team would also like to know if the service will work using the old modem.

We'll wait for your response. Thank you.

Jam19
Level 2

I can't believe that TPG all it cares about is if the old modem is working. 

The answer is YES. The old modem works, the problem was the socket/cable not the modem.

TPG doesn't care about:

1. Wrong diagnosis about the issue

2. Suggesting to the customer to buy a new modem

3. Telling the customer that a technician will come on Wednesday which was not true. The appointment was for Thursday

3. The hours the customer spent on the phone to solve the issue

4. The customer has 2 working modems which he will not use anymore in 10 days

5. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY TWO DAYS OF WORK WASTED

After 5 years of being a loyal customer, this is not how a customer should be treated.

Riezl

Hi @Jam19, our Engineering Team tried to contact you to discuss the status of the billing adjustment, but to no avail.

We can see that they have sent further details regarding this via SMS.

Should you have further queries, please let us know. Thank you.

Jam19
Level 2
the phone didn't ring.

I received a SMS and I thin it's a joke. Billing adjustment of $4. You must be kidding me.

$4 for...
2 days without internet
2 days of wasted work
hours spent on the phone
and a $149 modem

this is a joke but not a funny one. I'm done with this. TPG never again
Riezl

We are still investigating the matter and we'll revert to you as soon as a new update becomes available. Thank you.