TPG Community

Get online support

NBN plan change from NBN50 to NBN100.

GTR-1000
Level 2

Hi, I've just changed from NBN50 to NBN100 and received the confirmation email the change has happened. I've also rebooted my modem/router a number of times, but Speedtest says my downloads and uploads are the same as the they were! The question is: how long should it take before I see the significant improvements in speeds I'm now paying a premium for?

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @GTR-1000

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and learned that you are under the NBN FTTN (Fibre to the node) technology.

We are still using the legacy copper infrastructure with this type of technology, which means that the connection speed will depend on the distance and the quality of the copper wire that is in use.

Currently, your modem is getting a connection speed of 50.2 Mbps. This is the maximum that we can provide you based on the current copper infrastructure.

We've sent you an Email last 2019 October 17 in regards to the speed that you can expect with the NBN FTTN service.

You may change your plan back to NBN50 online or advise us of your preferred time and best number to be contacted via PM.

BasilDV