TPG Community

Get online support

NBN same speed after plan upgrade

SOLVED Go to solution
Wangshu1
Level 2

I just upgraded from the 50 Mbps plan to the 100 Mbps.

Received a confirmation to say that my NBN plan change has been completed and restarted the router a number of times, however the speeds i'm getting are nearly identical to what i had previously on the 50 Mbps plan. 

I've even tried a factory reset as i saw that was a solution for another user. 

Just wondering if the upgrade hasn't actually gone through yet, or if my current line speed was already at the maximum achievable under the 50 Mbps plan? and upgrade to the 100 Mbps was pointless?

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @Wangshu1 ,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us. I was able to locate the account using your community details and confirmed that the NBN plan upgrade has been completed, however, due to the limitation of the copper wire the maximum attainable speed that you can get with NBN FTTN is 49.902 Mbps download and 14.873 Mbps upload. 

We also sent you an email regarding to this way back 2018, we recommend downgrading your plan back to NBN50 via online or If you need assistance to downgrade your plan, let us know your best contact number and preferred time. 

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hi @Wangshu1 ,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us. I was able to locate the account using your community details and confirmed that the NBN plan upgrade has been completed, however, due to the limitation of the copper wire the maximum attainable speed that you can get with NBN FTTN is 49.902 Mbps download and 14.873 Mbps upload. 

We also sent you an email regarding to this way back 2018, we recommend downgrading your plan back to NBN50 via online or If you need assistance to downgrade your plan, let us know your best contact number and preferred time. 

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers! 

Wangshu1
Level 2
No worries,

Thanks for clarifying. I think I was being optimistic thinking something had changed between now and a couple of years ago 🤷‍♂️