TPG Community

Get online support

NBN sudden disconnection and now TPG can't seem to find my address

Shane

Hi @hankook0720,

Our Engneering Team carefully made an assessmen and provided a Free 21 Days of service to compensate the down time that started 28th of May and was resolved 16th of June. 

While we will endeavour to make NBN Access services available to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, NBN Access services are not fault free and we cannot guarantee uninterrupted service, or the speed, performance or quality of the service.

Let us know should you require further assistance. 

Just an update of my enduring situation and the compensation result.

Today, 19th of June, I received a SMS from TPG saying that my billing for July will be adjusted for the 21 days of the outage for my internet and home phone service.

Wow, all the time wasted and frustration of chasing up the issues with TPG and NBN Co, and further expenses incurred for internet access during the outage had ALL been disregarded and no mention what so ever. I now understand why TPG is more affordable in comparison with Optus or Telstra. They charge a "slightly cheaper" monthly fee for cheap after sales service and cheap customer care.

May be I'm just picky, but if anyone else was in my situation, they would definitely agree with my upset response in regards to their problem handling procedure & process and the so called compensation.