NBN100 speeds

Nicrazu
Level 2

Hello; i recently switched internet plans and i am not really seeing speeds that relate to the plan im on? 

I am on the NBN100, and the below images show the speeds i'm getting. Both are on Wi-Fi, one on my laptop, the other on my Xbox One. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

9 REPLIES 9
RajenS

Hi @Nicrazu 

Welcome to the community,
Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your CID (customer identification number) or your mobile phone number so can look at this service for you
Kind regards

david64
Level 15

Hi Nicrazu.

Did you use the 2.4g or 5g wifi band for the tests? 5g is faster.

You should connect your laptop and xbox by ethernet to determine the best speed. Use whichever device seems to have better performance. Only do one test at a time. Use TPGs speed test because it should have less network delay, but you can compare with other sites. Do the tests at a few times during the day, early morning, middle of the day, late afternoon, and the busy evening peak.

TPG speed test, and others, use multiple sessions to get better performance through the network. In doing speed test on my computer, I get a moderate amount of packet loss due to congestion which causes retransmissions which reduces the overall speed result.

Nicrazu
Level 2

Thanks, i sent it.

RajenS

Hi @Nicrazu 

Checked your NBN profile, you are on FTTN, and  931m from NBN node, 

It can cause definite speed limitations, 

your current sync speed is 57790.0 kbps only. 

I am lodging your case to the engineering team, 

someone will get back to you shortly.  

Nicrazu
Level 2

@RajenS Thanks, will i be able to get higher speeds? Also i dont have internet right now, is this related? (currently on mobile hotspot)

RajenS

Hi @Nicrazu 

I can see your router in sync - Auth is missing -

if not getting auth in few mins, please restart, it must work. 

Thanks 
Rajen 

RajenS

Hi @Nicrazu 

TPG engineering team,  always try to get maximum from NBN, so most likely you will have tech visit soon, 

NBN started installing new micro nodes for customers who are far from NODE, fingers cross Smiley Happy

Connection Type: NBN PPPoE session
Found at: 202008151****
Username: glyni****
CustID: 515****
Company: TPG
Network ownership: NBN
Router: 203.219.1****
IP: 14.201.194.***
CallerID: AVC00003861****
Connected at: 2020-08-15 16:44:05
Connected for: 9s 
Nicrazu
Level 2

@RajenS Thanks for this, if a tech is coming will they call me before hand? And would upgrading my Modem help? i got this form TPG a while ago. 

RajenS

Hi @Nicrazu 

Yes. definitely  you will have full schedule update 

Thanks 

Rajen