TPG Community

Get online support

NBN50 download speed only 23Mbps

zijialiu2019
Level 2

My internet got slow and often dropped off since one outage in Oct 2021. Today I run a testing it seems that the download speed only 23Mbps but I'm on NBN50 plan instead of NBN25 plan. Could you please help solve the problem?

4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @zijialiu2019

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account and tested the line, but was not able to detect any fault.

The modem/router is getting a good connection speed from the server.

We've created some articles that may help you improve your home connection.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

zijialiu2019
Level 2

Hello BasilDV,

I tested it through ethernet connected directly to TPLink VR1600 v2. So there is no WIFI impact the speed.

And before the outage, I can get the stable download speed about 45Mbps which is reasonable for NBN50.

Now it's down to 23Mbps which is not acceptable for a NBN50 plan. It means I pay for NBN50 plan but get the speed of NBN25. Since you say "the modem/router is getting a good connection speed from the server", could you please advice what the connection speed you observed from server is?

Best regards,

ZIJIA

Shane

Thanks for the additional details, @zijialiu2019

Send me a Private Message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) also include your best contact number and preferred time.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Hello BasilDV,

I tested it through ethernet connected directly to TPLink VR1600 v2. So there is no WIFI impact the speed.

And before the outage, I can get the stable download speed about 45Mbps which is reasonable for NBN50.

Now it's down to 23Mbps which is not acceptable for a NBN50 plan. It means I pay for NBN50 plan but get the speed of NBN25. Since you say "the modem/router is getting a good connection speed from the server", could you please advice what the connection speed you observed from server is?

Best regards,

ZIJIA

carmen454
Level 2

Have you changed any bandwidth control settings on the modem/router at all from the default values?