TPG Community

Get online support

NBN50 on HFC > speed never reached

karenbiddle
Level 2

We recently received the email about complimentary super fast speed for six months which has not taken effect despite the start date having passed.. but our problem is that we are on the NBN 50 plan and our speeds are always hovering around 22mbps. Can someone from TPG please tell us how we can rectify this or if our  TPG equipment and the HFC connection is not capable of 50 mbps then surely we should not be paying for a 50 mbps connection?

5 REPLIES 5
Ahra_G

Hi @karenbiddle

We've created some articles that will help you troubleshoot the Slow speed issue.

If you are using a WIFI connection, then you may check these links to improve your home network.

The Speed Boost should take effect on the date indicated on the email. 

I understand that you want the trial service to completely take effect instantly however, the speed increase is gradual as we are migrating a lot of customers. 

Let us have your Customer ID or username via private message in order for us to assist you and check the status of your connection. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

karenbiddle
Level 2
Hi there Ahra, thanks for the info. Strangely now this evening, speeds are D70/U10... but my query was more about our average speed never going above the 20s despite having an NBN50 plan. I'll check it again a few times tomorrow and see how it is tracking.
Shane

Hi @karenbiddle,

We're glad to know that the speed has gone up to 70 Mbps, in the event that you experience any speed issues again in the future do not hesitate to create a new thread here on the community.

Cheers!

Hi there Ahra, thanks for the info. Strangely now this evening, speeds are D70/U10... but my query was more about our average speed never going above the 20s despite having an NBN50 plan. I'll check it again a few times tomorrow and see how it is tracking.
karenbiddle
Level 2
Hi Shane, not exactly.... Within 10 minutes it was back to D12 / U15, so my query about my NBN50 plan still stands 🙂
Ahra_G

Hi @karenbiddle

I'll organise a call back to be made tomorrow, 03 MAR 2021 from our Technical Team. 

Should you require further assistance, you may reach out to us again or you may check out our community page today at https://community.tpg.com.au

To help manage your TPG services on the go, you may download our TPG Mobile App on this link: tpg.com.au/services/tpg-app

-Ahra_G