TPG Community

Get online support

NBN50 upload speed dropped to 5mbps

SOLVED Go to solution
Jabbawingo
Level 2

hi guys, my upload speed used to be around 12mbps, but i've just noticed it's now only 5mbps Smiley Sad  I've tried it on a few different devices, wired and wifi and it's the same.  It has been for a few weeks since i've noticed.  can anyone help me out please?

https://www.speedtest.net/result/11566239182

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @Jabbawingo 

Thanks for reaching out.

We've tested the line and was able to detect that the modem/router is getting a low connection speed.

We've refreshed your connection remotely and it improved.

The modem/router is getting a good sync speed of 109 Mbps Downstream and 44 Mbps Upstream.

Please test the connection speed again and let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
BasilDV

Hi @Jabbawingo 

Thanks for reaching out.

We've tested the line and was able to detect that the modem/router is getting a low connection speed.

We've refreshed your connection remotely and it improved.

The modem/router is getting a good sync speed of 109 Mbps Downstream and 44 Mbps Upstream.

Please test the connection speed again and let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

Jabbawingo
Level 2
Thanks for the fast resolution! That's brilliant. https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/7432989229
BasilDV

Glad to be of assistance, @Jabbawingo. Cheers!

wleu
Level 2

Hi, I have a similar problem.

I'm on NBN100 and used to get 18Mbps upload speed. It's now dropped to under 5Mbps

https://www.speedtest.net/result/11589879331

Could someone help me?

BasilDV

Hi @wleu

Thanks for raising this with us.

Did you test the speed via WiFi or Wired connection? 

Did you turn off and on both NBN NTD box and modem/router?

BasilDV

wleu
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV 

I investigated and it seems the upload speed slowdown was only occuring on my laptop with both WiFi and Wired connections. My phone upload speed was fine.

After restarting my laptop, NBN NTD box and modem/router the problem seems to be fixed.

I'll continue to monitor as I'm not fully sure why the upload speed slowed down

BasilDV

Thank you for the update @wleu.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

Jabbawingo
Level 2

Hey  @BasilDV , me again.  I've noticed the upload speed has dropped back down the the 5-6 mbps again the last week or so.  it this something that should keep happening?  is there something wrong with my nbn modem?

Shane

Hi @Jabbawingo,

I noticed that the modem/router has been connected for 3d 7h 36m, I run initial test to the service to re-connect the connection please perform another speed test and post the test result on this thread.

Let us know how it will go.

Hey  @BasilDV , me again.  I've noticed the upload speed has dropped back down the the 5-6 mbps again the last week or so.  it this something that should keep happening?  is there something wrong with my nbn modem?