TPG Community

Get online support

NO Internet. Modem stable, ADSL light stable, INTERNET light flashing. Bills paid!

SamMc
Level 2

Must have Internet today pls!!

12 REPLIES 12
JayeshP9

Welcome to TPG Community,

You can private message to me your customer ID, username, service address or mobile number so i can check status here.

regards

JayeshP9

JayeshP9

Hi,

I have checked here and noted that there is sync but haven't seen authentication so can you able to reconfigure modem after hard reset?

please also tell me which modem model/brand you have for your ADSL connection.

regards

JayeshP9.

SamMc
Level 2

Yes I think I can reconfigure after hard reset. When do I do that?

Modem is Netgear N600 (DGND3700). And thanks for helping!

SamMc
Level 2
I have tried hard reset with same result. I also checked all admin settings but definitely no internet. All modem lights are on and stable, Internet light is green but flashing. Have NO internet at all.
SamMc
Level 2
Jayesh, I saw that there had been an outage 24 hours previously in North Geelong due to scheduled carrier work. This is in my area. Maybe that has prevented auto gentication?
JayeshP9

HI SamMc,

There is sync and sync speed is also good in your  case as well so that outage is not affecting your service.  In modem configuration which encapsulation protocol in use,There are options  PPoA and PPoE so make sure it is selected for PPoE.  Sometimes that incorrect setting also preventing authentication. If you have spare modem then try with spare one as well.

regards

JayeshP9.

SamMc
Level 2
It is already PPoE, and I also checked every settings last night against TPG published modem settings, and all correct. Modem has been set up for a year and working correctly.
JayeshP9

Well, Try with our modem if you can otherwise i am going to create ticket for our Engineering department to check that authentication issue.

Regards

JayeshP9.

SamMc
Level 2
There is no other modem so I can’t try with another one. Please raise a ticket for investigation. All signs are showing I have Internet, but no web pages or apps are loading on any devices. Unless the TPG traffic here is just so congested that no-one can get through with everyone working from home (Covid).