TPG Community

Get online support

Nbn drops out at 12:02am

jademccracken87
Level 2
Why does my internet drop out at 12:02am every day?? Is this a setting that I can fix? It's very frustrating.
9 REPLIES 9
david64
Level 15

Hi @jademccracken87 . When dropout occurs, is there any change to the lights on NBN box or router?

Does it affect ethernet and wifi devices?

How long does it last? How does it recover?

Are there any messages in the router system log when dropout occurs?

jademccracken87
Level 2
There it goes again.

It turns red. My ps5 says lan disconnected. And it's about 10 mins. Turns back on itself after a while.
david64
Level 15

@jademccracken87 . What is model number of Covr router?

Is it the status light on Covr that turns red?

What about NBN box?

Does it affect ethernet and wifi devices? 

(If the ps5 is wifi and is the only device affected, it could be wifi interference.)

Are there any messages in the router system log when dropout occurs?

(In the Management menu on the bar on the top of the page, click System Log.
Log Settings
System Log: Click the Check System Log to download a copy of the system log to your hard drive.)

jademccracken87
Level 2
There is no option to check system error logs on the interface
david64
Level 15

@jademccracken87 . The red light indicates Covr is rebooting. In router, go to System Admin, System. Is Auto Reboot enabled?

You can check system log. In Management menu, click System Log. In Log Settings, click Check System Log. The log is saved to a file on the device you are using. What happens around midnight?

You've provided a screen shot of Archer C1200. Are you on FTTP connection? Does the Archer have same problem?

jademccracken87
Level 2
Ok you're talking to someone who isn't IT. I don't know if it's an FTTP connection. I found the management page and there is no system log. Autoboot wasn't enabled, but just incase, I've changed it to reboot daily at 4am
david64
Level 15

@jademccracken87 . Has this been happening each day since your last post on 12/12?

Do you still have the original router from TPG? What model is it?

Could you attach a picture showing the Covr layout. Picture shows Internet connected to Covr 1100 and Connected Clients and Covr points.

I've attached some pictures from the Covr user guide.

Does your rear panel look like picture A? 

Can you find where the cable goes from the left hand socket? (Labelled Internet.)

Do you only have one of these Covr devices?

Picture B shows the System Log page. It's possible you have old Covr firmware which doesn't have this feature. If you have it, save it on your computer, probably in Downloads directory. It appears as a text file. You can copy and paste it into your reply here.

Picture C shows whether the Covr will automatically perform firmware upgrades and the time. It seems odd that there would be a firmware upgrade being done every day. Is it enabled? And a time?

Ahra_G

Hi @jademccracken87

I've managed to locate an account using your Community details. If this is the correct one, remote tests indicated that your modem is connected for more than a week now which means a stable connection. And you are currently subscribed to the NBN FTTP service. 

You can try the steps provided by @david64 to see if that will rectify the issue you are experiencing. 

However, we still want to assist and check for any underlying connection issues. Let us have your Customer ID or service address via private message to confirm if I've checked out the right account. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G