TPG Community

Get online support

Nbn outage nsw 2048

brinedj1
Level 2
I wanted to report a network / NBN outage for NSW 2048 Stanmore, since Sunday 9/1/22 at 15.00. The issue continued Monday 10 Jan and again Tues 11 Jan this morning. This is despite a reported update from TPG/nbn that an issue has been identified and resolved.

I can't get through to the phone line due to the number of calls, it keeps dropping me off - giving me the only option to go online to tpg.com.au. Hopefully this will be seen and get a reply.
19 REPLIES 19
Shane

Hi @brinedj1,

Thanks for raising this to us, we ran an initial test to the service it shows no dropouts and line fault detected. The connection has been stable for 18h 56m.

Are you still having the same issues? 

There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area. 

In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection, we recommend having a read on the following articles:

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

Let us know how it will go.

I wanted to report a network / NBN outage for NSW 2048 Stanmore, since Sunday 9/1/22 at 15.00. The issue continued Monday 10 Jan and again Tues 11 Jan this morning. This is despite a reported update from TPG/nbn that an issue has been identified and resolved.

I can't get through to the phone line due to the number of calls, it keeps dropping me off - giving me the only option to go online to tpg.com.au. Hopefully this will be seen and get a reply.
brinedj1
Level 2

That's correct - the outage was reported Tuesday 11 Jan in the morning following repeated network outages  (not wifi) Sunday 9 and Monday 10 Jan, which continued in to Tues 11 Jan.  Your observation about the 18hrs 56 mins since the last drop out is the time during the night from 20.44 and through the middle of the night in Australia where no one is using the internet as we're asleep. 

Shane

Thanks for the additional details, @brinedj1.

We will keep an eye on the connection for the next 24-48hrs, in the event that issue will occur again please update this thread and we'll have our Technical Team to contact you for real-time investigation.

Regards,

garythomann13
Level 6

Suggest providing more information.  Location suburb and/or postcode. = well done Smiley Happy

Start logging date and time drop outs occur.

brinedj1
Level 2
Seems that nbn is dropping again - twice today already this lunchtime (Mon 17/1/22)
brinedj1
Level 2
And again nbn lost connection. Seems that it is mondays and Tuesday’s with the problem. Frustrating it is happening on a weekly, repeated basis
brinedj1
Level 2
One more again today Tuesday 18 Jan at 9.58am
brinedj1
Level 2
And again today Tuesday 18 Jan at 1.45pm
brinedj1
Level 2
And again Wednesday 19 Jan at 07.30.