Network Monitorring

baseaman38
Level 3

Does TPG have access to and use an snmp network monitor system?

Even a small windows batch file pinging all the servers at some slow rate would suffice.

I am prompted to ask this question after the fiasco of the user.tpg.com.au server, or the connection, after this latest incident which appears to have started on or about the 18th May 2018.

I contacted the help desk and had to teach somebody about the availability of a users Web server; they were totally unaware of the users.tpg.com.au network. I explained that I could contact all other servers with which I had some interest but still I had to restart my modem etc, etc. As a "just in case" I also ran a malwares and virus check on my system. I also tried to contact users.tpg.com.au using my Samsung tablet and my OPPO phone all with the same results.

If TPG had a network map available to their help desk then TPG would know before the users that something was wrong.

How about it TPG, install an smtp server with outputs available to the customer. Oh what a feeling.....!

Bruce

4 REPLIES 4
Riezl

Hi @baseaman38,

Welcome to the Community!

We appreciate your feedback and we will surely pass this to the management.

Should you require any assistance with your service, feel free to drop us a message. Cheers!

baseaman38
Level 3

While I have been away from the coal face for a long time I would be happy to assist TPG in setting up an snmp service.

Best regards

Bruce

jpgibard
Level 3

I'd like to get SNMP working at home on my TPG supplied Huawei HG659 Router.

Can't find anywhere to enable it in the menus - is there an advanced users area that I can access?

Shane

Hi @jpgibard,

Welcome to TPG Community!

The SNMP is not supported on our modem/router.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!