TPG Community

Get online support

New ASUS router ASUS RT-AX54HP can’t connect

scottjsmith80
Level 2
Hi
I have bought an ASUS RT-AX54HP router and have gone through its App and set up everything I was told to do.
I copied the existing SSID name and password so I got as far as the router producing a WIFI signal and all my devices connected to it fine but there is no internet access available.

I tried few times and ended up putting the old modem back and works fine.

What do I need to do as the app is saying that I need to contact my ISP or what do I Need to do to allow the internet to come through?
4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi @scottjsmith80 

Are you trying to set up the router as a Wi-Fi extension or main access point? Could you tell us what type of NBN technology you have and flick me a message with your details to better understand the situation?

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hi
I have bought an ASUS RT-AX54HP router and have gone through its App and set up everything I was told to do.
I copied the existing SSID name and password so I got as far as the router producing a WIFI signal and all my devices connected to it fine but there is no internet access available.

I tried few times and ended up putting the old modem back and works fine.

What do I need to do as the app is saying that I need to contact my ISP or what do I Need to do to allow the internet to come through?

scottjsmith80
Level 2
Hey

Yeah I want to use it as the main access point. I have NBN. Want to upgrade from the the TP link modem I was given with the TPG service
Shane

Try to check out this thread on how to set up a third-party router on NBN-FTTP. Let us know how it goes.

Hey

Yeah I want to use it as the main access point. I have NBN. Want to upgrade from the the TP link modem I was given with the TPG service

david64
Level 15

Hi @scottjsmith80 . If you are on FTTP connection or have a Data Only plan (no VOIP service), the Asus should just work.

If you have another type of connection with Bundled NBN/VOIP service, the Asus has to support VLAN ID=2.

The manual for this model doesn't specifically mention VLAN ID.

You could have a look in LAN-IPTV section.

In Select ISP Profile, is there a "Custom" option? Any mention of VLAN there (or 802.1Q)?