TPG Community

Get online support

No Internet Since Scheduled Outage on 22/5/20

mikeyg74
Level 3
Hello,
My internet stopped working at 12am on 22/5/20. This was due to a scheduled outage from 12am to 6am.
However, my internet never came back up. I called TPG who scheduled a NBN tech to come to my house today (25/5) between 8am to 12pm.
The NBN tech never showed and I called TPG who advised this was due to some network issue which meant they didn't need to attend my house.
So, I know someone who works for NBN Co, and they looked into my address. They told me there was a hardware update done on the network, which has made my NBN modem no longer work as it is an older model, so it needs to be upgraded. But he's not able to do this work for me.
My case number with TPG is 10520888.
I need this fixed ASAP as I need to work from home due to Covid19.
Otherwise I am going to be forced to switch NBN providers.
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
KarlB

Hi @mikeyg74 

NBN are advising there is a known NBN network fault. We will need to wait for NBN to provide an update.

Regards,

Karl

mikeyg74
Level 3
How long do these issues normally take to resolve? Is it a widespread issue in my area or just with TPG? NBN Co website lists my address as having no problems? My next door neighbours NBN is working fine...
KarlB

Hi @mikeyg74 

I can see NBN have booked an appointment for Wednesday, 27 May 2020, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM to try and resolve the NBN network issue.

Regards,

Karl

mikeyg74
Level 3
Thanks for the info!!