TPG Community

Get online support

No Internet - Your newly installed broadband equipment is waiting to be automatically configured.

WeiJ
Level 2

Hi,

I just disconnected from Internet suddenly. I got following error message:

Your newly installed broadband equipment is waiting to be automatically configured.

Then I noticed my router was factory reset somehow, I don't know why, did TPG do this ? or maybe someone tried to hack my router?

I have changed my router and WIFI passwords, and restart the router, but still receive the same error.

Could you please help me out?

Thanks in advance.

-----------

----------

Update: Now I can connected Internet after I manually configure DSL. I still worry if my router was hacked Smiley Sad 

5 REPLIES 5
Ahra_G

Hi @WeiJ

Our modem/router are pre-configured and is secured with your TPG username & password.

The message 'Your newly installed broadband equipment is waiting to be automatically configured' is what you will typically see once you turn your modem on and set up your connection. There are instances that it may not work, thus the need to manually configure the modem.

Your connection should be secure so long as you have not provided your password(s) to anyone.

Feel free to reach out should you require further assistance.

Regards,

Ahra_G

WeiJ
Level 2

Hi @Ahra_G 

Thanks for your reply.

My router isn't new, I used it for several years after I switched to NBN. It worked very well, and as you said, it was pre-configured. However, it suddenly stopped working yesterday - all my configurations (such as the WIFI name and password, router admin password, DSL configuration, etc.) were reset to factory settings.

So my concern is why the router did factory reset itself, did any TPG changes trigger this?

WeiJ
Level 2

@Ahra_G  This factory reset happend again today, my router is TP-Link Archer VR1600v

Update: now this factory reset occurs very frequently (every 1~2 hours)

BasilDV

Hi @WeiJ

We'd like to arrange a call from our Tech team to check on this further.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number along with your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

BasilDV

WeiJ
Level 2

Thank you @BasilDV  I have sent you the message