TPG Community

Get online support

No NBN internet connection

canizares
Level 2
Hi,
A technician came to my house on Wednesday to check my service. I was told that the fault line is where the NBN connection outside my house. He could not fix the problem because he did not have any spare cable or something to replace it because they have to order it first. I was told that it will take atleast 10 to 15 days. I can't wait for that long. Is there any other way that it can be done sooner.? I was booked for a technician to come yesterday from 1pm to 5pm but nobody came.
7 REPLIES 7
BasilDV

Hi @canizares

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and understand that you've been contacted by our Engineering team yesterday for further discussion.

The NBN technician wasn't able to attend the job due to hazardous weather and needed to be rescheduled.

The equipment that they need or required to replace can't be expedited as we need to consider the availability and the number of people needed to install it, also they need to ensure the quality of it to avoid further issues.

We understand that another NBN technician appointment has been booked and further updates will be given by your assigned Engineer once available.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

canizares
Level 2
Yes I can understand the reason why the technician wasn't able to come the other day due to hazardous weather and it has been rescheduled supposedly today from 1pm to 5pm but another no-show without notifying me. Can you tell me the reason why?
BasilDV

Hi @canizares,

Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

We've checked the report from the NBN technician and they've advised us that due to weather hazard, they weren't able to complete the job today.

We'll chase this with our Engineering team and have someone to call you today for further discussion.

BasilDV

Shane

Hi @canizares,

We've seen that you have been in contact with one of our Engineers and provided the NBN Technician appointment schedule. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

canizares
Level 2
What is going on with my service???You guys keep giving me an appoinment and nobody shows up. Today is the 3rd time that it happens and didn't even bother to let me know what is happening. I'm getting really upset about this matter. I'm thinking of just cancelling my account...
BasilDV

Hi @canizares,

Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

We were advised by the NBN Co that due to material shortage, technician cannot complete the work.

Your assigned Engineer tried to call you for further discussion to no avail.

We'll advise them to contact you once again between 4PM - 6PM today for further updates.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @canizares,

Your assigned Engineer tried to call you to no avail.

Do you have any preferred time for them to try again to discuss the new schedule for the NBN technician visit?

You may contact them directly or advise us here and will update our Engineers.

BasilDV