TPG Community

Get online support

No Wan connection following change of plan

markosx
Level 2
I changed my plan to tpgs new nbn50 plan (from a similar but slower previous nbn plan). I received an email that the change is complete, but now my router has no Wan link / default gateway. I rebooted the router and the NBN box but no change.

Is there mean to be a delay? The email made it sound like the change was complete, but now I am without internet (for the last 3 hours at least and support is closed).
7 REPLIES 7
BasilDV

Hi @markosx,

Welcome to TPG Community!

I checked the account and learned that you were able to speak with our Tech team. The issue was the configuration of the modem, it seems the password that was saved was incorrect.

I can detect that the internet is already working after changing the password on the modem.

Should you need any assistance, please let us know.

Regards,

jownzee
Level 2

Gee you are lucky to get your change so quick, i am on my 6th buisness day of waiting to change from 25 plan to 50. Told that nbn  or TPG has problems .. Been with TPG for around 12 years not a lot of trouble untill nbn came on the scene....waiting waiting....

BasilDV

Hi @jownzee,

Thank you for your comment. I checked the account and seen that this is being monitored by our Change of Plan team. I'll chase this up with them and have someone to contact you within the day for more update from NBN Co.

Regards,

markosx
Level 2
Hi Basil,

Yes, I called your team this morning.

Just to be clear, the password on the router had not been changed, I saw no need to, as I had been told the change would be seemless. It appears that your account team reset the password on my account. This has now been rectified and I am back online.

It's quite frustrating that TPG has the ability to confirm connectivity, but fail to do so as a matter of process after changing someone's account details. I would suggest you modify you processes to prevent this issue in future.
markosx
Level 2
@jownzee

Sorry to hear that mate. When I spoke with TPG they made it sound simple and seemless.
BasilDV

Hi @markosx,

Thank you for your feedback. Please be assured that we take a genuine interest in all customer feedback, often implementing solutions to improve our service.

Should you require any assistance, please let us know.

Regards,

BasilDV

Hi @jownzee,

I understand that our Change of plan team has been in touch and was informed that our provisioning team has sent a follow up to NBN Co and requested for it to be prioritised.

Our sincere apologies for the delay as we are dependent on our wholesale provider to update the speed of the account, therefore we are subjected to their time frame. You will be contacted once we received the update from NBN Co.

Regards,