No internet NBN

sampollard
Level 2
My router was recently destroyed by pets, I have got a new one that is similar to the previous one (new router is AC1200 wifi router Archer C50) and set it up with my NBN. However all my devices are able to connect to the router but have no Internet access. The Internet light on the router is Amber. There is a small black NBN box that is connected to the WAN port on the router, like how it was previously, and all the lights on the front of the NBN box are green, The light on the back where the cable is plugged in (UNI-D1) is Amber.

Please help.
3 REPLIES 3
david64
Level 15

Hi @sampollard . Have a look at the Accepted Solution in this thread. It is for Archer C9 but could be similar to your C50. It relates to setting VLAN ID=2.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/Alternate-router-to-use-on-HFC/td-p/863

The Amber UNI-D1 light indicates a 10/100Mbps device. C50 only has 10/100Mbps ports, which might limit your top speed.

sampollard
Level 2

Thanks for the suggestion, I have now tried this and many other suggested settings, this is shaping up to be very complicated and confusing. I really thought I'd just be able to plug in a router and use the internet. I've tried dozens of suggested settings and it seems that the further I look the worse it gets. I really need access to the internet ASAP, this sucks.

david64
Level 15

@sampollard . Do a factory reset first.

Operation Mode is Wireless Router.

Settings are PPPoE, username + @tpg.com.au, password.

If you are on bundled NBN/VOIP plan, you need VLAN ID=2 as described above.

If you are on BYO router data-only plan, VLAN ID is not used.

Look at the router's System Log; there might be a clue there.