No internet again

mstainton
Level 2
FFS no internet yet again!

Let me start by saying I’d not usually ever make a post like this, but this is seriously fkd!! I’m quite simply over the constant restart this, check that and my wife and kids saying there’s no internet.

This time though it’s not a simple restart the router solution. This time it’s a proper NBN failure with the Arris cable box not connecting to the network. But what day know, it’s 4.30am AWST and it’s outside technical support hours.

Usually the crappy heavily restricted supplied router has sh1t itself and needs a restart. I even went and replaced the 1600 with the 5400vx to end up with the exact same near every 48hr restart. Talk about a wasted $110 (inc. shipping)! Finally getting sick of that and replaced it with a 3rd party modem of which everything has been great for the last week since. Then bam, now the Arris box issue.

I’m fking sick of this and I’m considering a change of provider. And that’s pretty crap considering my IT background and my understanding of having to systematically investigate faults.
2 REPLIES 2
mstainton
Level 2
Oh and yes everything I can see on the TPG & NBNco known issues is green.
BasilDV

Hi @mstainton

We'd like to look into the account and run some tests as well.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

Also, the NBN NTD Arris box is provided by NBN Co., if we confirmed it's faulty, our Engineers will book an NBN technician to replace it.

BasilDV