TPG Community

Get online support

No internet connection

SOLVED Go to solution
Crestmead
Level 2
My internet has been down from about 1am. I checked for outages in my area (none), I downloaded the app and checked the connection (no data and no internet), I’ve turned the modem and nbn off and back on hoping they’ll reconnect (no luck), my husband did a hard reset of the modem and reconfigured (I just checked and it says ‘DSL Disconnected’ on the internet connections page). I’ve sent through two requests on the app and I’ve tried ringing twice but I didn’t realise they closed at 7pm (I’m sure website said 10pm). I’m still going through the support links hoping I find a solution. I’m hoping this will be a quick fix as my family needs the internet for work
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hey, 

For customers experiencing connection issues with their service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage.

Check our Service Status page for any known outages. If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage 

If there are no known outages in your area, you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link: 

If you are using a WIFI connection, then you may check these links to improve your home network.

If you need further assistance, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can take a look at your account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

@Crestmead wrote:
My internet has been down from about 1am. I checked for outages in my area (none), I downloaded the app and checked the connection (no data and no internet), I’ve turned the modem and nbn off and back on hoping they’ll reconnect (no luck), my husband did a hard reset of the modem and reconfigured (I just checked and it says ‘DSL Disconnected’ on the internet connections page). I’ve sent through two requests on the app and I’ve tried ringing twice but I didn’t realise they closed at 7pm (I’m sure website said 10pm). I’m still going through the support links hoping I find a solution. I’m hoping this will be a quick fix as my family needs the internet for work

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Shane

Hey, 

For customers experiencing connection issues with their service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage.

Check our Service Status page for any known outages. If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage 

If there are no known outages in your area, you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link: 

If you are using a WIFI connection, then you may check these links to improve your home network.

If you need further assistance, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can take a look at your account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

@Crestmead wrote:

Shane

Hey, Crestmead.

Just checking should you require further assistance, if so please update this thread.

Regards,

Crestmead
Level 2
Hi Shane, it’s all fixed now thank you. Tech came out and sorted it all out.
Thanks
Shane

Yay! Glad to know that the service is now working, Feel free to create a new thread for furture inquiries, cheers!

Hi Shane, it’s all fixed now thank you. Tech came out and sorted it all out.
Thanks
Federico9677
Level 2

Thanks to this article I can learn more. Expand my knowledge and abilities.

Michael9833
Level 2

@Crestmead wrote:

Restarting your modem and router should be the first thing you do when encountering an internet signal issue. Don't skip this step! This is almost always what tech support will ask you to try first, as it often solves the problem. To restart your equipment, unplug the power cable for 60 seconds and plug it back in.

ruthkatz55
Level 2
It’s been 2 days without internet.
Shane

Hey, ruthkatz55!

Let's have a look and get to the bottom of this, send us your details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) so we can check the status of the service.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

It’s been 2 days without internet.