TPG Community

Get online support

No internet, no contact

brianwhelan1
Level 2

TPG advised me last month that ADSL installation was completed at my property. It has not worked to date. I had an electrician attend the property and check the phone line and wiring. I have also tested the modem and the diagnostic reading was that there was no internet connection.

I need to arrange for someone to come to my property to check the installation was done correctly but there is no way to contact TPG. 

Can somebody please respond. 

4 REPLIES 4
David_M

Hi @

Thanks for your enquiry!

We can see your service is installed and in sync, but needs to have your UN/PW configured into the modem.

Please find an attached link for a guide to help you configure your modem.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/How-to-set-up-your-TP-Link-VR1600v-modem/m-p/709#...

Regards,

David_M

brianwhelan1
Level 2

Thanks David, I'll give this a go and hope for the best and will report back

brianwhelan1
Level 2

David, you have sent me a link to an NBN modem setup.

Per my original message, I have an ADSL2 connection and modem, not NBN. I have had an electrician check the phone line and I have reset the modem and run diagnostics. 

Please can you tell me how I can arrange a service technician appointment. This form of assistance is inadequate. I have been paying for TPG internet for the last month and have had no internet and am currently not being provided with any technical support. I have tried try to submit a chat support message over 10 times each day for the last 5 days and I receive the same message which states "Our team members are currently serving other customers. We appreciate your patience. Please try again later." 

This needs to be resolved. Please can someone contact me with a solution.

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 11.29.10 am.png

David_M

Hi @brianwhelan1 

Unfortunately this is a NON-SUPPLIED TPG modem and we dont have a work-through.

I know there are some settings that may need to be changed in the advanced tab.

VPI/VCI   8/35

PPOE

LLC

Enter UN/PW

You may need to contact your manufacturer.

ADSL2+ Setup Guide:

Regards,

David_M