No network

Amanda
Level 2

Hi there, I recently signed my mum up with tpg mobile as I am a current user and have never had any network issues. She lives in Avenel, Victoria and today when she got home after using her mobile in Melbourne after activating her sim she had no network coverage. I have full coverage in her house and have received calls and made calls. I don't understand. Her mobile is 4G.

5 REPLIES 5
Will

Hi @Amanda 

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for raising this with us. We'd like to take a closer look at the account to better understand as to why the your mom's unable to get network coverage. Can you PM us the customer ID or the mobile number of the said account?

For your reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Similarly, can she test the SIM card on another handset for comparison?

Regards,

Will

Hi @Amanda,

We just want to follow up on the concern you've raised. We'll wait for your PM.

Will

Hi @Amanda 

Our records show that the Account Holder was able to speak to our Technical Team earlier. The issue has been raised to our Mobile Escalations Team for further investigation. Updates will be provided directly to the Account Holder via SMS or phone call.

Amanda
Level 2

Hi Will, we have sorted out the issue with my mums mobile phone. It turns out that even when you unlock a Telstra pre paid phone a SIM card from another provider will not work in that phone. It may be a good idea to have that as a question when people sign up or also for customer service people to ask.  Mum has been very happy with the service she has received and will probably change to tpg for nbn and home line. Thanks for your patience and assistance

BasilDV

Thank you for the update @Amanda.

We are glad that this has been sorted out and will look forward to sign up your Mum to TPG NBN and home phone service.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Have a great day!

BasilDV