TPG Community

Get online support

No phone line connection

Joannec
Level 2
Have had no phone line connection since yesterday! Can’t make calls in or out.
2 REPLIES 2
BasilDV

Welcome to the Community @Joannec

We recommend for our customers to check if their service is affected by a planned or unplanned network outage in the area. Visit our Service status page for the reported outage.

If your service is not affected by an outage, you may proceed to troubleshoot the issue.

Troubleshooting a Home phone issue for ADSL/ADSL2+ service:

• Check physical connection (make sure that the handset is connected to the correct port/socket)
  • Bypass filter/splitter and connect the handset directly to the wall/phone socket to eliminate a possible filtering issue.
  • Try another handset and phone cable (if available)
  • Try another wall/phone socket (if available)

If all fails, then you need to contact our Technical support team or advise us via private message for further test.

In your case, there was an evident fault within the copper line, however, our Engineers wasn't able lodge the fault with Telstra since NBN Co has taken over the line.

The NBN HFC technology is already available in your location/address and the upgrade has been processed by our Change of plan team. Be advised that the installation timeframe is within 2 to 30 business days and an Email notification will receive once an update becomes available.

We've created an article that will help you Check or Reschedule Your TPG Installation.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

BasilDV

Joannec
Level 2
I have no issue being upgraded to NBN but leaving a customer without a phone line for THREE weeks is unacceptable and when trying to explain this I was told I was getting fees for NBN waived. I just require a working phone line!