TPG Community

Get online support

Online light flashing in NBN Arris CM8200 modem

SOLVED Go to solution
MikeBH
Level 2
My NBN modem (Arris CM8200) is going through an endless reboot cycle. The power light comes on followed by Downstream, Upstream both of which eventually stay on, followed by online which just flashes. Online flashes for a while and then the whole cycle starts again, power light followed by downstream etc.

I’ve tried powering the modem down, disconnecting the power and HFC cable and then reconnecting but it doesn’t fix anything. I was going to try a hard reset using a paper clip but was worried that it may erase everything and make the modem unusable. Can I safely do a hard reset? Is there anything else I can do now as technical support is closed?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Riezl

Hi @MikeBH,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We have located 2 active accounts using your community details and we'd like to make sure that we'll be working on the right one. Please PM us your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can look into this further.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Riezl

Hi @MikeBH,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We have located 2 active accounts using your community details and we'd like to make sure that we'll be working on the right one. Please PM us your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can look into this further.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

MikeBH
Level 2
Thanks Riezl. The issue has somehow resolved itself after a number of hours. I didn’t know how to close the post. I can still PM my details if you like.
Ahra_G

Glad to hear that it's all sorted now, @MikeBH! It also shows on our end that your modem is connected for more than a day now. 

Should the issue persists, kindly PM us with your TPG account details so we can perform remote tests and determine any underlying cause. 

You may also check this link for basic troubleshooting:Troubleshooting Your Internet Connection

Thanks!