TPG Community

Get online support

Orbi 752 ax4200 with nbn

Libra
Level 2
Hi there, I’m a existing customer with NBN FTTC. However, I bought a Orbi 752 router for new home. Does orbi 752 work that plug-in with NBN box Directly or need to connect with modem that TPG provided? Thank in advance
Regards,
Libra
5 REPLIES 5
david64
Level 15

Hi @Libra . The Orbi can connect directly to the NBN box.

The settings are: PPPoE, username + @tpg.com.au and password.

Set VLAN ID=2, priority=0.

Add all LAN ports and both wifi bands to the group.

See instructions below.

Select ADVANCED > Advanced > VLAN / Bridge Settings.
The VLAN / Bridge Settings page displays.
Select the Enable VLAN / Bridge Group check box.
The page expands.
Select the By VLAN tag group radio button.
The section expands.
Click the Add button.
The Add VLAN Rule page displays.
Specify the settings as described in the following table.
Field                      Description
Name                    Enter a name for the VLAN tag group.
                             The name can be up to 10 characters.
VLAN ID               Enter a value from 1 to 4094.

Priority                  Enter a value from 0 to 7.
Select the check box for a wired Ethernet port.
If your device is connected to an Ethernet port on the router, select the Ethernet port check box that
corresponds to the Ethernet port on the router to which the device is connected.
You must select at least one Ethernet port. You can select more than one port.
Click the Add button.
The VLAN tag group is added.
Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved.

Libra
Level 2
Hi David,
After I tried the vlan setting, it was not working. Do you have any suggestion I can do ? Thank you so much!
david64
Level 15

@Libra . Is the TPG device a VR1600? Can you connect it back up and just verify the config settings.

Go to Advanced, Network, EWAN. Check whether VLAN ID is enabled and set to 2. Note the format for the username.

The ethernet cable from NBN box goes in the Internet port on the Orbi router device.

(The BYO router data-only plan doesn't use VLAN setting, in case you are on that plan.)

The Orbi router log might have some info if it is not working. ADVANCED > Administration > Logs.

Libra
Level 2
Hi David, do you mean I need to do vr1600 as modem and then connect Orbi as AP mode? If so, the speed will get slow?
david64
Level 15

@Libra . TPG have 2 basic types of plan. The most common uses VLAN ID=2. The less common doesn't use VLAN ID. I wanted you to confirm which type your plan is by checking in your VR1600 when it is shown to be working. And use that as starting point for Orbi. Then remove the VR1600 and connect Orbi.

If you are on a plan that uses VLAN ID, this iiNet article shows how to set VLAN ID=2 for the Netgear RAX80 which has similar menu system to the Orbi.

https://help.iinet.net.au/how-set-netgear-nighthawk-rax80-nbn-fttc

You can verify your username and password by logging in to My Account.