TPG Community

Get online support

Outlook can send emails but not receive them.

SOLVED Go to solution
indian223666
Level 2

I've tried also setting it up on a Windows 11 PC running Outlook 2003. It accepted my TPG parameters and composes and sends emails perfectly well, but it can't receive any emails. Emails sent to my TPG email address show up in the Android version, but not the PC version.

david64
Level 15

Hi @indian223666 . Can you list the values you use on PC for incoming and outgoing mail.

Server name, port number, security.

BasilDV

Hi @indian223666

Are you using Outlook app on your Android phone as well?

Do you have an IMAP or a POP account with us?

Kindly send us a private message with your account details for checking.

BasilDV

keithwalters
Level 2

Hi @indian223666

I got mine to receive emails following the advice given in this post

Level 14
‎12-06-2023 07:43 PM
keithwalters
Level 2

Hi BasilDV,

"Are you using Outlook app on your Android phone as well?"

I'm also using Outlook on Android. I've got it mostly working as I mentioned earlier.
Both versions now show they've received the same emails  in their inboxes, and they can both send emails OK. It works well enough, for my purposes, but the only remaining issue I have is that if I send an email via the Android version, it will only show in the Android version's "sent" folder:  It never shows in the Win 11's version's "sent" folder.

And vice versa. So they can both send emails OK, but the two versions  only have records of the emails they have sent; the "sent" folders (and also the "draft" folders) are not synchronized.
That all used to work with the Office 2015 system I had at where I used to work, although it was a bit flakey.
It's not a show-stopper, but it would be nice if I could get that working.
The thing I'm worried about is that I might stop something more important from working if I fool around with it :-(

BasilDV

Hi @keithwalters 

You may need to check the settings on your Outlook client.

Check the instructions from Microsoft here: Sent email

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

david64
Level 15

@keithwalters . Regarding syncing of Sent folder on PC and Android, can you check out "Exchange Active Sync".

Don't know if this is something in the Outlook client or in the mail server (Exchange server?).