TPG Community

Get online support

Overseas email from France - not getting through

Lucy
Level 3

Hi, I have a 96 year old Cousin living in Frejus, France.  He's with @orange.fr

It would seem that some of my emails are reaching him, but his emails are not getting through to me.

He gets MAILER DAEMON@orange.fr  telling him his emails undelivered  The last being 6/4/21 at 18.43

The host is

mwinf5d73.orange.fr

Of late we have relied on snail mail.  During these times, the lack of email contact is most disconcerting for him.

Is there any reason why my emails reach him, but his do not reach me?

Lucy

4 REPLIES 4
blackhat88
Level 4

Any reason why you would use TPG mail? It is free to register for a Google mail. I would recommend you to shift your mails away from TPG. Smiley Happy

Lucy
Level 3

I didn't think of changing to another email server.  I have been with TPG for - forever.

Thanks for the tip - will give it a go.

Lucy

Ahra_G

Hi @Lucy,

There's no recent issue regarding our mail server. 

• Have you checked with your cousin whether he was sending to the correct email address? 
  • Is it just your email address that he's not able to send an email? 
  • Have him try using using a webmail if he has any instead of using a mail client. 
  • Lastly, try sending an email to yourself to further isolate the issue. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Regards, 

Ahra_G

Lucy
Level 3

@Ahra_G wrote:

Hi @Lucy,

There's no recent issue regarding our mail server. 

• Have you checked with your cousin whether he was sending to the correct email address? 
  • Is it just your email address that he's not able to send an email? 
  • Have him try using using a webmail if he has any instead of using a mail client. 
  • Lastly, try sending an email to yourself to further isolate the issue. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Regards, 

Ahra_G

Hi Ahra_G

I received a snail mail from France.  It included a copy of the last MAILER DEAMON response - It has my name and family name in front of my email address.  How he managed that, I don't know.  He's picking it up from somewhere and repeating the error

He said he can get my email, but he can't send.  So, last night I asked if he could send me an email with my email address typed in - not picked up from address book, or somewhere - just type it as it should be.

They are 9 hours behind us, and his age also limits a quick response, but...I think this is the answer.  He's added something to the email address and it is not recognised, thus it is returned.

I have to wait.     I write in English and have to Google translate everything into French - some of the translation leaves a bit to be desired but if no repsonse...I will send a snail mail explaining.  I did a screenshot - to show him where I think the error might be.  I trust he understands it.  I am 80 years old myself...he's doing OK for 96, but technology is only good for him when it works.

Yes, my emails work OK. I've sent to myself, and still receive from others - all over the place, so that is not the issue.

Thank you for your insight.

Cheers

Lucy