Packet Loss

SOLVED Go to solution
toddprocter
Level 2

Hi - I'm a World Of Tanks Gamer for some years now and recently (the last two weeks) have been experencing momentary complete loss of information into the game where it is disturbed for 2 or 3 seconds and I find myself out in the open or dead. This has never happend to me before and I'm unsure of how to analyse this to get it resolved apart from noting the information loss is consistantly every 1min and 30 seconds. My fellow gamers advised me to download Pingplotter - so Ive attached 3 images (today 2/12/20 and last week 28/11/20 were you can see my problem and hopefully trace the fault.

Thanks in advance this fault has completly stopped me in my tracks and I cant play.

Todd

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @toddprocter 

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and gone ahead to test the FTTB line, but was not able to detect any fault.

We've raised this case to our Engineering team to investigate if it's a routing issue.

Further updates will be given via SMS or phone call within 24 to 48 hours as soon as it becomes available.

BasilDV

View solution in original post

toddprocter
Level 2

Please find attached a ping test. As you can see this is not a latency issue rather a consistant pack loss problem making any game unplayable. Also attached is a trace route and ping plot showing the route and drop outs.

Please help locate the source of this fault as soon as you can.

Thanks Todd

BasilDV

Hi @toddprocter

Please send the test results to the Email address provided by your Assigned Engineer for further investigation.

Further updates will be given via SMS or phone call as soon as an update becomes available.

BasilDV

4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @toddprocter 

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and gone ahead to test the FTTB line, but was not able to detect any fault.

We've raised this case to our Engineering team to investigate if it's a routing issue.

Further updates will be given via SMS or phone call within 24 to 48 hours as soon as it becomes available.

BasilDV

toddprocter
Level 2

Please find attached a ping test. As you can see this is not a latency issue rather a consistant pack loss problem making any game unplayable. Also attached is a trace route and ping plot showing the route and drop outs.

Please help locate the source of this fault as soon as you can.

Thanks Todd

BasilDV

Hi @toddprocter

Please send the test results to the Email address provided by your Assigned Engineer for further investigation.

Further updates will be given via SMS or phone call as soon as an update becomes available.

BasilDV

toddprocter
Level 2

This issue went on for a while and is now resolved. The solution was assigned to a network engineer and I never heard anything back but the problem was fixed somewhere. Stable now for two weeks.

I want to thank TPG help centre for thier efforts in fixing the problem. The one issue I have with the process is that I was expected to jump thru many hoops (ie replacing my router/wifi unit, power cables and internal cables before they accpected that it was a network issue and assigned and engineer. This obviously took my effort and way too much time to be a great service. I had to wait until a router was mailed and then replace this, do more testing, email the resutls etc ... what happens to customers that aren't technical enough to achieve this?

Anyway its fixed now - but still not the wiser on what the network engineer did. Suspect he swapped out a faulty switch/router somewehere in the network.

Todd