TPG Community

Get online support

Packet loss and jitter

SOLVED Go to solution
arminglf
Level 3

Hi,

I've been having issues for the last few days, particularly with my streaming service. I've done a lot of testing just to realise I'm having packet loss and jitter that I didn't have before, this is only the last few days, packet loss used to be zero.

This is most definitely what is affecting my streaming service, buffering all the time.

I've reset/reboot the NBN box several times, as well as the modem router, tried different phone cables, different ethernet cables, two different modems (Archer vr1600v and Huawei HG659), different devices (phone, laptop, android boxes) and the issue is always the same, there is always packet loss (up to 20% in the evening)

I've tested using my phone as hotspot (mobile data) and the streaming is flawless and the speed test shows zero packet loss.

Can you please find out what the issue is? (not the modem, not the cables) 

I've been with TPG for the last 8+ years but I'm a little bit dissapointed lately, I moved to this house 1.5 years ago and I had this same issue at the beginning, then it was working fine most of the time, but now it got bad again and all the repsonses from TPG is that they can't see anything wrong.

Any idea, send a tech maybe? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
arminglf
Level 3

Ok, I was finally able to sort out my internet issues...I switched to another provider and straight away internet is working perfectly fine again, no jitter, 0.0% packet loss

Interesting though that everyone I contacted from TPG was saying that it was all good and that they couldn´t identify any issues...that makes it even worse, not reliable at all.

End of an era after 8+ years with TPG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JayeshP9

Welcome to TPG Community,

You can private message to me your customer ID, username, service address and mobile number so i can check status here.

regards

JayeshP9

arminglf
Level 3

Ok, I was finally able to sort out my internet issues...I switched to another provider and straight away internet is working perfectly fine again, no jitter, 0.0% packet loss

Interesting though that everyone I contacted from TPG was saying that it was all good and that they couldn´t identify any issues...that makes it even worse, not reliable at all.

End of an era after 8+ years with TPG