TPG Community

Get online support

Pendle Hill Optical Node replacement

SOLVED Go to solution
onemadgooner
Level 3

Hi Guys, Any update on the Pendle Hill exchange Optical Node replacement

Internet been down since 9am yday......Called the "helpdesk" and quite frankly that was a complete waste of time....."We dont have any update from NBN"................ Well go call them and find out!

Can someone give me an eta please !?!?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Will

Hi @onemadgooner 

The outage has been declared resolved by NBNCo at 6PM AEST. If you're still unable to go online, please restart your modem.

Let us know if you require further technical assistance.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
onemadgooner
Level 3

Any update ?? Been down 2 business days now, the Helpdesk team still cant give me an eta..... this must be affecting 1000's in this area (all providers) but there is still no outage on the TPG website which is a worry

Will

Hi @onemadgooner 

I checked the status of the ongoing outage raised by NBNCo yesterday, which directly impacts 182 customers. From what I gathered, they initially provided an ETR yesterday (3:25PM AEST) which was supposed to be today at 5:30AM. From the update posted at 7:36PM AEST last night, they noted that the restoration works had to be paused due to heavy rainfall filling the pits with water. It was noted at that time, they were hoping to continue by 8:30AM AEST today once the rainy weather has ceased.

As of 2:04PM AEST today, NBN technicians have returned to the site and are working to restore the services. Unfortunately, NBNCo has been unable to provide an Estimated Time of Restoration yet. That being said, it was  mentioned at 5:21PM AEST that they are seeking progress update from the technicians on-site. The restoration delay is attributed to the unusually high amount of rain, to which field technicians have been delayed since they were tasked to empty out the excessive amounts of water from the pits before attempting restoration on the network hardware.

Regards,

Will

Hi @onemadgooner 

The outage has been declared resolved by NBNCo at 6PM AEST. If you're still unable to go online, please restart your modem.

Let us know if you require further technical assistance.