TPG Community

Get online support

Ping Spiking/Huge packet loss

Tony-M
Level 2

After years of flawless internet performance with TPG, over the last week significant and persistent packet loss and spiking ping that is rendering online gaming impossible has cropped up. At first I thought it might be a temporary issue related to congestion since the first instance last Friday occurred at 5pm, and about half of the days since there's been little to no further issue. 

But now I'm making this post because the internet is completely stuffed and it's 2am so I think network congestion can be ruled out. I've just run a couple of different tests and attached screenshots of the results. The first is a command prompt ping to google.com which I ran for about a minute, and the second is a more comprehensive ping test to seven servers across the globe which ran for about 5 minutes during which there were 16 huge lag spikes.

The internet as a whole still works just fine and these lag spikes usually pass in a few hours but I'm sure they'll be back so hopefully someone can help me find a permanent solution. I've been pretty happy with TPG up until this point and I'd prefer to stay.

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @Tony-M,

We got you. Let us have a look and get this sorted out, to better understand the packet-loss affecting the service. Shoot us a PM with your details.

How to send a PM?

Regards,

After years of flawless internet performance with TPG, over the last week significant and persistent packet loss and spiking ping that is rendering online gaming impossible has cropped up. At first I thought it might be a temporary issue related to congestion since the first instance last Friday occurred at 5pm, and about half of the days since there's been little to no further issue. 

But now I'm making this post because the internet is completely stuffed and it's 2am so I think network congestion can be ruled out. I've just run a couple of different tests and attached screenshots of the results. The first is a command prompt ping to google.com which I ran for about a minute, and the second is a more comprehensive ping test to seven servers across the globe which ran for about 5 minutes during which there were 16 huge lag spikes.

The internet as a whole still works just fine and these lag spikes usually pass in a few hours but I'm sure they'll be back so hopefully someone can help me find a permanent solution. I've been pretty happy with TPG up until this point and I'd prefer to stay.