TPG Community

Get online support

Ping spikes when gaming - router spikes

SOLVED Go to solution
kevinh93
Level 2

ping spikes when i game specifically, up to 1000ms then drops down. Ping spikes when i ping to the gaming server and also when i ping to my router. The file is my router connection when my game freezes due to high ping spikes. I have previously sent in a question detailing similar issues but didnt ping to my router. 

i use Wifi 

ping spikes only when gaming

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @kevinh93,

A wired connection will be helpful in order to rule out a possible signal interference issue.

This will help us in resolving the issue that you are facing when you are playing games.

Regards,

BasilDV

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @kevinh93,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We can't really tell if the issue is within the NBN service or within the WiFi connection as you are not able to test the service via Wired. Have you tried changing the Wireless settings (channel, etc.)?

Also, you are under the standard NBN 12/1 plan, in which bandwidth sharing may be an issue. You may consider upgrading your NBN plan to the 50/20 speed tier for better experience.

BasilDV

kevinh93
Level 2

yeah i have tried switching channels (using 11 currently) as i said the high ping spikes only occur when gaming. 

bandwith shouldnt be an issue as the problem still occurs when i am alone. this problem has occured in the past (1yr ago)  whilst using wifi. 

would it be possible if you could reset my connection remotely to see if it helps 

BasilDV

Hi @kevinh93,

A wired connection will be helpful in order to rule out a possible signal interference issue.

This will help us in resolving the issue that you are facing when you are playing games.

Regards,

BasilDV