TPG Community

Get online support

Planned maintenance outages during business hours

shuwayhat
Level 2
Why are we getting planned maintenance outages during work hours when we work from home. Mamny members in my family work from home and frequent disruptions as such not acceptable. We have had several notices lately and we need to take day off. Who will pay for this disruption. I understand with emergency outage things happen but planned 'maintenance'!!!!
3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @shuwayhat ,

Our apologies for the inconvenience, service maintenance are usually scheduled during off peak time however, there are situations that an immediate maintenance is needed to ensure continued performance on the network.

Regards,

@shuwayhat wrote:
Why are we getting planned maintenance outages during work hours when we work from home. Mamny members in my family work from home and frequent disruptions as such not acceptable. We have had several notices lately and we need to take day off. Who will pay for this disruption. I understand with emergency outage things happen but planned 'maintenance'!!!!

shuwayhat
Level 2

Sorry, still not acceptable for an answer.  For one,  I don't recall ever having an off peak scheduled maintenance. Secondly,  after my last complaint I have just received yet another two sms messages of planned outages during business hours for 30th Nov and 7 of Dec. This has and will effect 3 family members working from home.   We have had more than a dozen messages this year alone.

I am a techincal person myself,  so pls explain your following reply and how it relates to peak planned maintenance and how is it immediate when it is planned for not only tomorrow but also next week.

..."there are situations that an immediate maintenance is needed to ensure continued performance on the network."  

Ahra_G

Hi @shuwayhat

We truly understand your concern however, while we will endeavour to make NBN Access services available to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, NBN Access services are not fault free and we cannot guarantee uninterrupted service, or the speed, performance or quality of the service.

There are many factors outside of our control that may affect NBN services, such as the performance of third party suppliers and equipment, force majeure events and your hardware and software configuration.

Nevertheless, we're always here to help.

Should you require further assistance, you may reach out to us again or you may check out our self-help options located here: http://tpg.com.au/support

Regards,

Ahra_G