TPG Community

Get online support

Please apply Standard profile for SNR for my FTTN internet

arashyyy88
Level 2

Hi TPG,

Can you please attend to the following:

1. Remove any existing stability profiles on NBN line (my SNR is 12)

2. Ensure maximum speed profiles are applied

3. Report maximum internet speed and distance from the nearest node

I am currently on the FTTN 100mbps.

Can you please also advise as to when the NBN line will be upgraded to FTTP as my suburb is on the list of the suburbs to have the connection upgraded to the FTTP from 2021 (still hasn't happened).

Any information on this also would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi @arashyyy88,

Welcome to the community! Thanks for sending me your details. 

1.TPG do not apply SNR profile to any NBN services to maximize the actual speed of the line. 

2 and 3: I ran an initial test to the service and confirmed that the modem sync is getting maximum speed based on the your location, you can check this information on the modem/router's user interface.

--

The technology in which the NBN is delivered to individual premises can not be substituted or altered.

Since NBN Co. is the wholesale provider of NBN services, ISPs surely will announce this option of switching from one NBN technology to another in the same service address as soon as it becomes available. 

Further info can be found on https://www.nbnco.com.au/learn/technology-choice-program.

Regards,

@arashyyy88 wrote:

Hi TPG,

Can you please attend to the following:

1. Remove any existing stability profiles on NBN line (my SNR is 12)

2. Ensure maximum speed profiles are applied

3. Report maximum internet speed and distance from the nearest node

I am currently on the FTTN 100mbps.

Can you please also advise as to when the NBN line will be upgraded to FTTP as my suburb is on the list of the suburbs to have the connection upgraded to the FTTP from 2021 (still hasn't happened).

Any information on this also would be appreciated.

arashyyy88
Level 2

Hi @Shane ,

I do not think this is true because many others have said TPG can alter the SNR. Please refer to a post in 2020 where the SNR was altered:

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/TPG-support-breaking-working-service/td-p/63226

Many others have also said this on Whirlpool Forums.

Please if you can check with your colleagues and review.

Also can you please advise as of the distance I am from the NBN Node I am connected to. Other customers were provided with this information.

Cheers

Adam

arashyyy88
Level 2

@Shane 

Can you please get back to me regarding my above post asap? Aussie Broadband have advised they can apply the standard profile so that the SNR is 6. It is most urgent please.

Shane

Hi @arashyyy88,

As previously mentioned we do not apply SNR profile to our NBN service unless our Technical Team or Engineers are performing a troubleshooting to stablize the connection from the escalated fault.

Let me know should you require further assistance. 

Regards,

@Shane 

Can you please get back to me regarding my above post asap? Aussie Broadband have advised they can apply the standard profile so that the SNR is 6. It is most urgent please.