TPG Community

Get online support

Possible spam email

Lapworth
Level 2

I received this email today purporting to be from TPG.  I don't believe it is, but would like confirmation.  I also got a robocall today claiming my Internet and phone service was going to be disconnected, i didn't believe that either so hung up.  A screenshot of the email is attached.

5 REPLIES 5
Will

Hi @Lapworth,

Welcome to the Community!

Thank you for raising this with us. You are correct, this is a phishing email and did not originate from us. Please tag the message as Spam so it will be flagged in our system. We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention.

Regards,

Lapworth
Level 2
Hi Will,

Just what is the best method for Tagging an email as Spam?  I can move it to the Spam Folder, but does this Tag it as Spam?  It would be nice to have a button at the top of my post Office Page or Right Click menu that actually says Tag Selected emails as Spam.  Since this particular email uses what is presumably a legitimate TPG email address as the from Address I think that putting that email address into my blocked list may block legitimate emails from TPG.

Cheers
Ahra_G

Hi @Lapworth

Pls see image below:

Spam.jpg

The 'Spam' button can be found on the main page of the Post Office as seen on the image. 

Just put a tick on the email, then click the 'Spam' button beside the delete button. Not only will it move it to the Spam folder but it will also tag it accordingly. 

Should you have further queries, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Cheers! 

book1852
Level 3

I didnt open you email.Was it about bitcoin opportunities. 

Yes very worrying. They didnt get my username by scrolling which was the big worry.

I got it a couple of weeks ago and I hadn't used the site for years. As it happened I did use the forum last week and just have received another one.

Book1852 (Got to change this. Set it up abot 16 yrs ago) ) 

Riezl

Hi @book1852, we are looking into this and for your security, please continue not to click on any suspicious link. Thank you.