TPG Community

Get online support

Price rise of NBN Broadband plan

RMS1
Level 3

My questions might apply to other group lists besides Broadband Internet.

Today I received an email from TPG saying that the monthly fee for my NBN Broadband is to increase.  I've been offered to transfer to a 4G Home Wireless Broadband plan at a lower monthly fee.

The reason I have the NBN Broadband is so that I can use a home phone as part of a bundle - I am paying an extra monthly fee for unlimited phone calls.  I am also reasonably happy with the NBN plan for streaming to my TV's Fetch STB, for viewing Netflix films and other streaming services, plus chromecasting to the TV set, and also for using my mobile phone for various apps when home.  In general I don't have buffering issues and dropouts.  I am on the 12 Mbps plan and am quite happy with it.

If I transfer to the 4G plan, will I definitely lose the use of the home phone, or is there some way I can keep it?

If I don't have any problems with buffering and dropouts on the NBN plan, and the download speed is acceptable, can I be assured that the 4G Wireless Broadband will be as good, and certainly not worse?

Thanks,

RMS1

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @RMS1,

If you require a home phone service daily it is best to keep the NBN service as the Home Wireless Broadband is a data-only broadband service. It does not include a standard phone service.

Eligible existing TPG broadband customers can get an optional Virtual Phone service which allows you to:

• Forward all incoming calls to an alternative phone number of your choosing (Standard Australian landlines/mobiles only).
  • Keep your existing phone number, should you wish to switch back to NBN, or switch to a phone service with another provider.

We will check the coverage at your address to ensure the quality of the service of home broadband in the event you decided to switch plan.

Shoot us a PM with your details together with your best contact time so we can have our Team contact you and help us check the Home Wireless Broadband availability at the address.

Regards,

My questions might apply to other group lists besides Broadband Internet.

Today I received an email from TPG saying that the monthly fee for my NBN Broadband is to increase.  I've been offered to transfer to a 4G Home Wireless Broadband plan at a lower monthly fee.

The reason I have the NBN Broadband is so that I can use a home phone as part of a bundle - I am paying an extra monthly fee for unlimited phone calls.  I am also reasonably happy with the NBN plan for streaming to my TV's Fetch STB, for viewing Netflix films and other streaming services, plus chromecasting to the TV set, and also for using my mobile phone for various apps when home.  In general I don't have buffering issues and dropouts.  I am on the 12 Mbps plan and am quite happy with it.

If I transfer to the 4G plan, will I definitely lose the use of the home phone, or is there some way I can keep it?

If I don't have any problems with buffering and dropouts on the NBN plan, and the download speed is acceptable, can I be assured that the 4G Wireless Broadband will be as good, and certainly not worse?

Thanks,

RMS1

RMS1
Level 3

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure of the mechanics of this when setting up.  If switching from NBN Broadband to Home Wireless Broadband, what happens with the NBN box and the existing TP Link Archer modem?  Does the new modem plug directly into the wall socket where the NBN box currently plugs into?

Shane

Good question.  The existing NBN box will remain and not be used. New equipment will be installed for the 5G home broadband connection. 

To know more about our Wireless Home broadband you may visit this link.

Regards,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure of the mechanics of this when setting up.  If switching from NBN Broadband to Home Wireless Broadband, what happens with the NBN box and the existing TP Link Archer modem?  Does the new modem plug dir