TPG Community

Get online support

Random email delivery failures

jonesty
Level 2

Lately I've been having trouble with emails randomly failing to be delivered from my TPG email address. I raised this with TPG customer service recently and was told it was a problem on the recipients' end but that seems unlikely as it's now happened for multiple recipients on different domains. I can email the same person several times and it might fail just once. The worst part is I don't receive the failure notificiation until the next day so I never know what's gone through. Below are the latest 3 delivery failure notices I've received. Any ideas what's going on here?

Reporting-MTA: dns; rpt-glb-asav6.external.tpg.com.au

Final-Recipient: rfc822;***@eq.edu.au
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; [60.241.0.50]
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'#5.1.0 Address rejected.' (delivery attempts: 25)

Final-Recipient: rfc822;***@conductorhub.com.au
Remote-MTA: dns; [60.241.0.50]
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'#5.1.0 Address rejected.' (delivery attempts: 34)

Final-Recipient: rfc822;***@diyframelessglass.com.au
Remote-MTA: dns; [60.241.0.14]
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 553-'Envelope sender <***@tpg.com.au> rejected' (delivery attempts: 30)
4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @jonesty 

Are you using an email client? Or webmail?

Are you using computers or tablet or phone to send the email?

jonesty
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV,

I'm using Outlook on a PC but I've never had an issue before, this has just started recently. There seems to be other Community users reporting the same problem/s this week.

For reference:

Infuriating email failure 

Envelope sender rejected 

alanguide
Level 7

Basil, this is exactly the same problem that I and many others have been having. Mine on Outlook and not with every outgoing email, but enough to be extremly inconvenient. It's a new problem not had for years of good service from TPG. Definitely not at the receiving end.

BasilDV

Hi,

Do you still experiencing the outgoing failure?

Can you try the webmail if the same issue will occur?