TPG Community

Get online support

Re Outage. They gave me special email address where I can contact TPG!!!

Kaila32
Level 3

Got an SMS giving me  specific email address to contact them!!  Dah!! Gave me an
issue number". TPG just lifted the outage to critical. Feel for businesses.

They said they would SMS me when they fix 'outage.."

4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @Kaila32 

Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

The outage was caused by a failure affecting the storage system, through which the email systems operate. The failure has meant that customers have had difficulties using the email systems during the period of outage. Our network Engineers are actively working to resolve the issue at the earliest.

We've posted an update here in the community. You may refer to [Update] TPG Email Outage.

Further updates will be posted on our service status page and here in the community.

Thank you for your patience.

BasilDV

Kaila32
Level 3

What concerns me, and others I notice, is that there is not an accurate "map" of areas where people are affected. For example here in WA you only give two areas and I am not even near these. I have been told by tech support that I am affected by the outage. So the point being that you are not really seeing the big picture and playing it down, albeit I notice the status has been changed to critical..

i am surprised the media have not picked this up and I made a call tonight after the nine news had not mentioned it. I was told that they will check with eastern states newsrooms.Given criticisms of the NBA I thought they may make hay of this latest issue.

Yet all the business clients are seriously affected and the lame apologies are not enough. I have been with TPG for about  18 years and technical issues were never a problem for me..Your status says you are progressing and restoring emails. It is 10pm WST and  still not fixed.

I want an explanation as to what actaully happened and I want to know if our our data is safe and privacy has not been compromised.

BasilDV

Hi @Kaila32

Engineers have restored all mailboxes.

We thank you for your patience and continued support.

If you are still experiencing issues with the email service, please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

Regards,

BasilDV

Kaila32
Level 3

This is a very old message.  .Can't you see the irony of this statement?  It is not appropriate for your reply. Please reply to my latest post where I do not use irony. My message was clear.
My mail boxes were not restored. All emails received at 8 am WST Saturday went into my slave account instead of my default email account. l  received over 300 emails in my slave account which is not presently in use. I only received about 30 in my main default account.

A TPG technician told me this morning that this is why they are saying that the issue is not resolved. He checked all my accounts and said they were ok. One alias email account has not had any mail. So do not tell me the issue is resolved..
Since this morning I am getting emails via both my slave account and my default email account.  I have to cross-reference these emails as well as the 300+ I received this morning.  This is a lot of work and I am not happy about this outcome.
I look forward to an email I was promised to say my account has been fixed!!

I am a user with 18 years of loyalty to TPG. I applaud your customer service people. I always have.