TPG Community

Get online support

Recent deterioration of download speed

badbum61
Level 3

We're on ADSL2+ offnet on Springwood NSW exchange. Over the past month or so, our service has become increasingly unreliable, with frequent "unable to connect" errors and super-low speeds as shown in the test below (conducted with NO other devices connected to the line), especially in peak periods. There appears to be no interruption to the service to our premises, as our D-Link modem shows constant connection (unlike previous occasions where we've had multiple dropouts due to phone line faults) and our account usage stats confirm this.

I know that lines have been/are being upgraded in our area in preparation for imminent availability of NBN, but can't see how this could affect our speeds without affecting the integrity of the connection; therefore, I can only assume that the problem lies in the quality of service being made available by TPG via our Telstra line. This is really not filling me with confidence to take up the NBN via TPG when it becomes available.

Would appreciate it if this problem could be investigated!

http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/8aa53ef0-f052-11e8-b6af-4b520aac38cf

6 REPLIES 6
Ahra_G

Hi badbum61

Welcome to TPG Community! 

I've managed to run a quick test and the result showed no evident line fault and technically, NBN roll out should not affect your current service either. 

Nevertheless, we'd like to investigate the issue further and check for any underlying cause of the connection issue. Could you please send your best contact number and your most convenient time to receive a call via private message so I can organise a call back to be made? 

Thank you! 

badbum61
Level 3

Thanks Ahra_G, PM sent.

Ahra_G

Good day, badbum61

Got your PM and have already organised a call back to be made between 2PM - 3PM NSW. 

Should you have further queries, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Cheers! 

Ahra_G

Hi badbum61

The issue has now been escalated to our Engineering Team. 

I have also sent you a PM with all the details including the reference number and the progress of the case. 

Should you have further queries, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Cheers! 

badbum61
Level 3

Thanks Ahra, whatever we did to the modem yesterday appears to have worked, as I have had no problem last night or today! Thanks for the assistance!

Ahra_G

You're very welcome, badbum61

If you have any outstanding issues or requires assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again or you may also check our self help options located here: http://tpg.com.au/support

Cheers!