TPG Community

Get online support

Recurring connection drop outs (ppp3 Timeout waiting for PADO packets)

SOLVED Go to solution
gveale20
Level 2

I have been getting dropouts within the first few hours of my connection being activated. The connection has now been active since noon on 16 Dec, about 4 days.

TPG have sent me a replacemnet modem (very quickly) and this made no difference.

Typically things will be ok for a while which could be 15min or 8hours and then experience repeated dropouts that usually last 5 to 10 minutes.

The errors seen are:
pp3
ppp3 Timeout waiting for PADO packets

ppp3 LCP down

ppp3 Peer not responding

When the NBN tech did the install he used the existing old pay TV cabling from the road to the house and did not inspect the line connection in the street. When checking for line quality one out of the 3 checks failed, but since the last check was ok he was satisfied and left.

My previous many emails to helpdesk have not resulted in any proper discussion to reslove this problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gveale20
Level 2

Thanks TPG for arranging for an NBN technician to visit yesterday. The NBN tech visited and appeared to have knowedge of my issues when he arrived. He went over all the connectors carefully and replaced one in the house that had not been changed when the first NBN tech did the install and did a number of line tests with his equipment. He then went across the street, up his ladder, and replaced the connector at the main line in the street. This connector had not been changed by the installation technician and had been there for over 10 years, being installed for a pay TV connection for a prior owner of our home. He showed me the old connector was visibly coroded and likely to be the problem of my dropouts. Since his visit about 24hrs ago we have not had a single error recorded by our TPG suppplied modem, and no droputs. We were previously getting about 100 errors each day.

In the end our internet connection failing to work from day one (17 Dec) was not the fault of TPG. TPG have responded quickly to my complaints of having dropouts and it has now been fixed on 23 Dec. I did go through the drama of having the modem exhanged, but TPG only took a couple of days to get one sent out. Because TPG use Startrack I was able to send the old modem back by lodging it at my local Post Office. Perhaps TPG could indicate this to future customers when sending out replacement equipment as it is a better option for many, rather than waiting around for a courier to show for a home pickup.  

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Shane

Hi @gveale20 ,

Welcome to the community!

We're sad to know that you're having issue with the service. I was able to locate an account matching with your community details. We've seen that this connection dropouts issue has been raised to our Engineering Team and currently under assessment.

At the moment our Engineers arranged an NBN Technician to check the service on Monday, 23 December 2019, 8:00 AM - 12:00.

We'll chase this with them. Updates will be provided when it becomes available via SMS or Phone call. We apologise for any inconvenience. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

gveale20
Level 2

Thanks TPG for arranging for an NBN technician to visit yesterday. The NBN tech visited and appeared to have knowedge of my issues when he arrived. He went over all the connectors carefully and replaced one in the house that had not been changed when the first NBN tech did the install and did a number of line tests with his equipment. He then went across the street, up his ladder, and replaced the connector at the main line in the street. This connector had not been changed by the installation technician and had been there for over 10 years, being installed for a pay TV connection for a prior owner of our home. He showed me the old connector was visibly coroded and likely to be the problem of my dropouts. Since his visit about 24hrs ago we have not had a single error recorded by our TPG suppplied modem, and no droputs. We were previously getting about 100 errors each day.

In the end our internet connection failing to work from day one (17 Dec) was not the fault of TPG. TPG have responded quickly to my complaints of having dropouts and it has now been fixed on 23 Dec. I did go through the drama of having the modem exhanged, but TPG only took a couple of days to get one sent out. Because TPG use Startrack I was able to send the old modem back by lodging it at my local Post Office. Perhaps TPG could indicate this to future customers when sending out replacement equipment as it is a better option for many, rather than waiting around for a courier to show for a home pickup.  

Shane

Hi @gveale20,

We're glad to know that the issue has been fixed. We appreciate your feedback, this will help us improve our service. In case you will experience any technical issue or queries in the future do not hesitate to create a thread here in our community.

Cheers!

Khodramajhoule2
Level 3

XXXXXXXXXX with Vodafone
About my full details of address I sent esafe

Riezl

Hi @Khodramajhoule2, can you tell us more about your concern?

Khodramajhoule2
Level 3

I am Australia Sydney XXXXXXXX  ok thank you I'm going to check

Riezl

Hi @Khodramajhoule2, we have edited your comment for security purposes. Can you tell us more about your concern? Would you like to port your Vodafone Mobile Service Number to TPG?